We are hiring a Senior Visualisation & MI Analyst to join and lead our MI team. They will be responsible for gathering the operational requirements from stakeholders, prioritising the tasks and deliver MI reporting in Power BI. They will work closely with the data engineers to scope any data requirements from other internal or external platforms or systems.
This is an exciting role for an experienced senior MI analyst who can
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define KPI's, operational targets and reporting requirements with a goal of moving away from reporting packs to exception reporting.
- Manage and prioritise the backlog of work for a small MI team.
- Make all work visible, by communicating updates and progress.
- Coach and train junior MI analysts on tools such as Power BI.
- Empower individuals and teams by using data over opinions to create insights across our supply chain and processes
- Understand how data technologies would be of benefit for the business, and in doing so can translate these into small manageable deliverable pieces of work that range from ingesting data to visualising the resulting insights.
- Whilst this is a hands on role it is important that the ideal candidate has good influencing skills through thought leadership / telling stories with data
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a retail environment, with operational targets crossing multiple departments. They will be well organised and respected for managing the workload by both the team and the stakeholders.
- This is an exciting role for someone who wants to lead a small team whilst also being able to solve problems and provide solutions to stakeholders. You'll have analytical skills but also be a people person too and be able to explain data to all different types of people within the business.
We have been going through a digital transformation, changing how we deliver value to our business. A big part of this change is fostering a culture of being open and honest, collaborating, having fun and enabling psychological safety.
We want to create a place for teams to do their best work, and you will have the opportunity to influence our decisions, help define standards across the teams and contribute to a healthy and happy working environment.
The Data Team
The team and tech stack have evolved significantly over the last year and we now see the MI function as an opportunity to serve the reporting needs for the business, allowing the data engineers to focus on working closely with the multi-disciplinary teams and bringing in new data sources.
The objective of the data team is to empower the business by using data over opinions and to create efficiencies across the supply chain using machine learning. The data team is an enabling team and as such it is important to note that we are an important function for both the tech teams and the business and therefore we focus on working closely with IT as well as the business.
You will be leading a growing MI team consisting of two Power BI developers. The data team have made incredible progress to complete a migration from a traditional on-premise data warehouse to a data lake hosted in Azure. They use Data Factory to create pipelines to push data into the Data Lake,Synapse and SQL DB's to build the reporting cubes and streaming analytics to provide real-time sales and stores dashboards to the business.
You will also bring together the analysts together across the business to share best practice through communities of practice. You will empower them with the right data and tools to complete their job.About You
Within your current organisation, you are data driven. You can openly challenge the reporting requirements, so you understand how a process or business function works. You want to know what normal, good and bad look like so you can easily highlight this data back to the teams. You have a clear understanding of what tech would be of a benefit for the business, so basic data tasks can be automated. You create dashboards that tell a story, and you are passionate to show and tell what you have created to a wider audience.
You support those around you, you are constantly learning and work in a kind, considerate and collaborative manner with a keen interest in new ways of working.
Above everything else, you will have the opportunity to influence our decisions, help define standards across the teams and contribute to a healthy and happy working environment.Skills Required
- Strong communication skills, making all work visible.
- Prioritisation and management of the MI backlog.
- SQL - Creating queries, views and stored procedures.
- Source code management, such as GIT.
- Understanding data models and structures; Data lake, cubes and streaming data.
- Creating dashboards and reports from various data sources in PowerBI.
- Maintaining SSRS, whilst the company transitions to PowerBI.
- Coaching and mentoring analysts.
- Scoping data pipelines and streaming data with a team of Data Engineers.
- Experience of working with AI/ML or working with external AI/ML teams would be desirable.
Salary & Benefits
We are offering a salary of up to £45,000 for the right person, which we assess based on your own experiences, delivery skills and against the principles of our department and our ways of working. You'll also get access to our 'FA Presents' company benefits platform, 25 days holiday and pension as standard, and use of our training budget to help you develop your skills.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are building products and services. We know that this will help us build useful and accessible things which our customers will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences and backgrounds.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit you'll meet with a few members of the Footasylum team for an informal chat about the role over Zoom, and to see if we're a good fit for you.
With the COVID-19 situation our teams are all working remotely, adjusting to this new way of working as best we can - and as such we'll help make the interview process as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.
Primarily the role will be remote and while there is no intention for the team to go back to full time office work any time soon, this role will require time visiting sites such as our logistics operations, stores and head office, therefore candidates within reasonable distance of our offices in Rochdale and Manchester are preferable to enable face to face team and stakeholder sessions in the future.