The Architect works as part of an elite cross-functional team of innovative and highly skilled digital specialists dedicated to delivering high quality, cutting edge projects for some of the world's leading brands and charities.
You will be responsible for designing modern experience-led cloud solutions that leverage the latest technology's and best practice design patterns. You will be a leader and mentor to your team and a trusted advisor to the client in creating and maintaining beautifully crafted solutions. In addition to being a people and technical leader you will be expected to still have working knowledge of at least one coding language, understand the development practices. You will be commercially aware and help us pursue further opportunities with our customers. Outside of client work you will contribute to or support our wider engineering community.Main ResponsibilitiesLeadership and Management
- Be the go-to expert in solution design, providing consultation and guidance to Technology Directors and clients.
- Inspire your team to consistently deliver work of the highest possible standard balanced with delivering in the given timeframes.
- Ensure that your reports have regular appraisals, clear objectives, and a career plan to work towards.
- Facilitate team meetings, contribute to discussions on best practice and promote knowledge sharing and quality development.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
- Demonstrate a passion for new technologies and continually seek to push the boundaries in everything you do.
- Work with the Technology, Design and UX teams to develop agency standards
- Support in building our engineering teams by taking part in the hiring process and interviews. .
- Seek new opportunities with your clients to build their brand and service offer through technical innovation and delivery. This includes taking the lead on selling technical ideas and approaches to the clients
- Create and review technical proposals, designs and specifications. Ensure they are implementable, proposing suitable alternatives if necessary.
- Solution design and specification, which platforms, technologies, patterns to use to best meet requirements.
- Technical planning, working closely with project management to ensure that we make best use of our technical staff.
- Lead and working collaboratively with all team members including cloud engineering, Front End, Backend, Design and UX to ensure sound integration across all aspect of the delivery.
- Ensure solutions are tested, scalable, security compliant, optimised, documented and relevant coding standards and best practices are maintained.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of at least one core programming language
Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively in a business context.
Experience with automated build and deployment solutions such as TeamCity/Octopus/Azure DevOps/Jenkins
Good understanding of cloud infrastructure and architecting solutions for high availability
An understanding of testing concepts and where they need to be applied
Comfortable working with and presenting to clients. Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively in a business context
Innovative problem solver who can work to overcome cross discipline technical challenges
Able to multi-task whilst consistently maintaining a high level of quality and productivity
Enthusiastic and committed with the ability to gain respect and trust from colleaguesNice To Have Requirements
Knowledge of Content Management Systems such as EPiServer/Umbraco/Sitecore/AEMBenefits
What we believe...
Wellness is hugely important to us, so we believe in working flexibly to ensure our colleagues get the balance they need to meet the demands of their personal and professional lives.
We have a deep belief in the transformative effect of great customer experiences, and we help some of the UK's biggest brands on their transformational journey. We are practitioner-led and work collaboratively with our clients, so we all go further, faster. Our lean, multi-disciplinary teams deliver value quickly, opening up new possibilities for our clients at pace. We love what we do, and we love working with like-minded teams to deliver compelling products, services and communications.
Zone is committed to equal opportunities for all.