Who are we?
Friend MTS is the Emmy award winning leading global provider of content protection solutions to the media and entertainment industry. Specialising in video security, we provide integrated technology products and security services to a global client base. That client base includes many of the world's largest pay-TV broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as content owners ranging from television and movie producers to the world's most prestigious sports leagues and event operators.In a sentence . . .
We are seeking an Operations Security Analyst to join our 24/7 Security Operations Centre in Birmingham.What will your job look like?
This role will involve the discovery and analysis of threats to our clients' interests, including the operation of a large-scale online video discovery and technical forensic analysis platform.
The role will require liaison with external parties, and therefore excellent communication skills will be required to explain technical problems and solutions in a semi-technical or non-technical manner.
Due to the nature of threats that exist around live broadcast content a key aspect of this role is working in a pressurised environment to exacting timescales.
Our Security Operations Centre is manned 24/7/365, so working weekends and nights is a requirement. The role is full-time, operating on a shift rotation pattern covering day / evening and night shifts.
As this is a security-sensitive role, an extensive background check will be required prior to employment.ResponsibilitiesKey daily tasks
RequirementsWhat you need
- Responsible for operating certain aspects of our proprietary large-scale automated video discovery platform
- Reviewing live operations results and analysing data in real-time for presentation to clients
- Acting on data in real time to assist clients with commercially sensitive issues
- Acting as a first line of assistance for clients to ensure any technical issues that may arise during live broadcasts are dealt with expediently
- Assist with live event action items to improve video security, including communication with third party infrastructure providers
BenefitsWhy work with us?
- IT technical background
- Knowledge of networking foundations, such as IP addressing, DNS, routing, etc.
- Able to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills with particular attention to detail
- Be able to work well in a team and on your own
If you are keen to work with the leading global provider of channel, content and platform protection services - get in touch today!
- You will work with a fast-growing dynamic team, working closely with great technical colleagues.
- You will work at the cutting edge of a high growth industry with an opportunity to shape the technical vision of a large cloud-based platform.
- You will have the opportunity to work on solutions for some of the biggest and most well known sports and entertainment brands in the world.
- Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide.