About Arabesque AI
Arabesque AI is a research and technology company on a mission to power the worlds investment decisions via the pursuit of General Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our AI Investment Platform allows our clients to create bespoke performant investment strategies on the back of our in-house developed AI Engine a system which is on a daily basis scouring the worlds financial markets for optimal investment opportunities. Our platform is architected as a massively parallel and distributed system spread across tens of thousands of machines in multiple data centres.
Arabesque AI is majority-owned by the Arabesque Group, a global group of fintech companies providing a range of sustainable investment and data services. Arabesque Group is headquartered in London with offices in Frankfurt, Singapore, Boston, Delhi and Tokyo.
Following a Series A round, Arabesque AI is in a period of rapid growth and looking great software engineers to help deliver our product offering.
As a software engineer, you will get the opportunity to be involved across the stack and our delivery pipeline depending on your project, profile and interests, you will be contributing to our data systems, our AI engine, portfolio construction or our back-end and front-end systems.
Our stack is cloud native, leveraging open source technologies that are cutting edge and helping us concentrate on our team delivering business value and collaborate with AI Researchers to improve performance and build tools to facilitate R&D activity on the AI Engine.
Please note due to COVID-19, we are remote working until early 2021 when we hope to be back in our new office in Holborn!
- Writing clean, documented, scalable & performant code.
- Deploy and maintain cloud resources and infrastructure.
- Design & maintain observable and reliable systems.
- Identify and POC opportunities for improving our systems - we are keen to learn about new and exciting technologies and ideas that we can leverage in the team.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- A passion for automation and building systems that are observable and easy to maintain
- Experience with a public cloud provider (Google Cloud Platform is preferred)
- Experience writing Python
- Experience with compiled languages such as Go, C/C++, Java
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with database systems (relational, key-value, graph, search engine, ...)
- Experience designing and implementing APIs
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Interest and experience in technical writing
- Experience using and contributing to Open Source software
- (Tech) community engagement (participation in meetups, writing blogposts, ...)
- 30 days holiday
- Entrepreneurial start up environment
- A close team with regular social events (even during COVID!)
- Volunteering opportunities through our partnerships with WomenWhoCode and The Linacre Institute
- On a mission to contribute to open-source, publish blogpost and actively participate in community activities
- Close collaboration between engineering and research - you'll have the chance to learn first-hand about the state-of-the-art Machine Learning techniques and algorithms
- Flexibility to move around the stack and pipeline
Our commitment to equal opportunities
We know that the lack of diversity in STEM starts much earlier than the interview process so we are constantly looking at ways we can champion diversity in the broader community, as well as within Arabesque AI. Our team are proud to be partnering with WomenWhoCode and the Linacre Institute, to provide mentorship and training to students and professionals to help provide equal opportunities for all.
Arabesque is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, colour, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, military status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information or any other legally protected status.