Senior Azure EngineerLocation
We have offices in Cardiff & London, but fully support remote workingSalary
£50,000 - £70,000 (+ excellent benefits)The start of your DevOpsGroup Journey...
We're an award-winning consultancy with an awesome team of individuals - working together to help clients on their digital transformation journey. We are a company at the beginning of exciting growth with heaps of opportunity for professional development.
If collaboration inspires you and you're driven to make a real difference to both people and organisations, we're always on the lookout for brilliant new team members - Can you add your very own chapter to the DevOpsGroup story?
As a team, we are crafting the future legacy of DevOpsGroup and we are looking for more super talented individuals to add their mark. As the team continues to grow, we are looking to meet experienced Cloud Engineers (Azure) to discuss how your future could look with us at DevOpsGroup.
You'll be working with a variety of technologies and tools such as Terraform, Powershell, App Insights, Azure DevOps, Ansible, AKS, Github and SQL Server, just to name a few!
Even though we have offices in Cardiff & London, we fully support remote and flexible working here at DevOpsGroup, so if you are not currently residing in these locations, we would still love to hear from you to discuss #LifeatDOGHere's How Your First Month Will Look...
- Our People Team have provided you with everything you need to know during your onbaoarding
- You are now using the laptop, kit and setup of your choice
- You'll dive straight into your squad stand-ups and be introduced to all of the Omni squad
- DevOpsGroup metaphors are something you are totally down with
- You've learnt a tech stack you are not familiar with
By month three...
- You've used all your Azure credits playing with cool and exciting tech
- Our client engagement model is something you are familiar with
- You've attended your first (virtual) DevOpsGroup Conference and like all good conferences you are now the proud owner of plenty DevOpsGroup branded SWAG
- As a new starter, the access to our knowledge base and support systems is coming in real handy
- Any queries or concerns? These have been addressed and you're more than ready for your DevOpsGroup future
- You've continued working in your squad and work independently on areas you are more familiar with
- As you have full access to our DevOpsGroup Academy, by now you've completed a training course or two
- You've been involved in implementing client infrastructure
- You are starting to deliver some exciting work for our clients
- Perhaps you've got a thing or two wrong along the way, failure is an option at DevOpsGroup and is something we are always learning from
- You are now familiar with every member of the DevOpsGroup family
- The opportunity to influence architecture has come about once or twice
- You understand Agile methodologies and love moving JIRA tickets into done
A full year with DevOpsGroup...
- Perhaps you are regularly attending client stand-ups
- You may have planned how you'll be spending your annual training budget
- On reflection, you've delivered some pretty awesome things for our clients and your proud of the lasting value delivered
- Whether it's stage or screen, the platform is yours and you may be reflecting on some epic uses of it
RequirementsWe're looking for people who...
- You've achieved significant progress on your learning pathway
- You collaborated with several of our partners to help deliver value to our clients
- You know what is required of you to achieve the next grade in your career here
- Your wardrobe is now filled with DevOpsGroup merchandise
- Have no fear of change
- Have the right attitude and behaviour
- Stay focused while adapting fast
- Innovate and make great things happen
The Experience You'll Need...
- Stay awesome while under pressure
- Grow when faced with challenge
- A deep technical understanding of Azure with experience working on build and migration projects
- You will have a good working knowledge of Terraform, and if you have an experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, then even better.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with DevOps and automation tools and practices for managing cloud infrastructure particularly infrastructure as code build outs and familiarity with SDLC pipeline automation.
- Exposure to Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills including the ability to lead small to medium size projects and produce well written documentation
- Solid understanding of the DevOps tools landscape and the major areas of DevOps tooling
Partner and Tech Insight...
- Strong dedication to delivering client success
We've built some awesome relationships with our partners, which means we're always working with the newest tech. Some of our partners include AWS, Microsoft, AppDynamics, Atlassian, Chef, GitHub, RedGate, Datadog and Puppet.....
You'll usually find our partners at our monthly conferences running a session on their newest tech.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our DevOpsGroup. We believe that a Safe & Inclusive environment is important and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability statusPlease note
To protect our staff and candidates during the Covid-19 Pandemic and help keep everyone safe, interview stages will be conducted remotely, via Telephone and Zoom. We are a collaborative bunch and embrace the necessary tools available, to ensure the process is as flexible and smooth as possible during this time.Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Annual training allowance for personal development
- Choice of Mac or Windows laptop upon joining
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off (+ bank holidays)
- 8% pension (5% from you, 3% from us)
- Flexible and remote working options
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)
- Health Insurance through Vitality plus a load of other perks