Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business. Global Manager acts as a partner to each business group, performing certain functions that are shared across all groups (e.g.IT), sharing best practices, facilitating communication across the groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are coordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a matrix environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision and/or who needs to be involved or aware.Role Overview
This is a new role for us and the successful candidate will report into our Head of IT based in Canary Wharf offices. Therefore as this is a stand alone role, it is critical that the individual has previous experience in a similar position and is capable of working on their own initiative whilst building strong working relationships with the on site management team at the various locations
The Technical Support Specialist works on assignments that are routine in nature. Generally assigned to tasks that are specific, single function, routine or repetitive operations. Manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments and works on more than one task at a time.
Provides level 1.5 / 2 technical support and service for daily end user computer operations and project efforts in a complex computing environment. Supports a wide range of IT services including but not limited to: PC, MAC, mobile devices, RSA token, Video Conference, software and basic network support. Works with direct team members and BGAML's clients and contributes to continuously improve the end user experience. May require working during non-business hours and on weekends.Key Responsibilities
Coordinate with team members and 3rd party service support groups to effectively resolve incidents and service request according to BGAML's SLA's. Provides level 1.5 and 2 technical support for BGAML's clients. Follows standards and guidelines to install, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain BGAML's client's workstations, printers, wireless devices, handheld devices and peripherals. Advocates understanding with BGAML's clients on the benefits of the IT service provider model to help foster collaboration.
- Provides quality service and takes ownership in: resolving incidents / service request; tracking end user systems and device inventory resulting in timely and efficient resolution to incidents / service request evidenced by meeting BGAML's clients needs, meeting or exceeding BGAML's SLA's and accurate data for asset management.
- Proactively seeks information and utilizes creative problem solving skills along with standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills and quality service in the process of supporting, advising and educating BGAML's clients on the use of end user computing hardware.
- Demonstrates relationship building, effective communication skills with team members and third parties in the process of resolving incidents / service requests, knowledge transfer resulting in efficient and effective incident management.
- Contributes to hardware, software, services enhancements by identifying when established procedures are not working and there are gaps in processes, and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops and edits customer and technical support knowledge base documentation.
- Demonstrates quality service by actively contributing to customer satisfaction through advocating for BGAML's clients needs, escalating incidents and requests, resulting in meeting or exceeding BGAML's client's satisfaction metrics.
For More Details, We Encourage Applicants To Read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection And Privacy Notice, Found On Our Website
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with BGAML's clients management/employees in a manner that consistently meets BGAML's expectations for exemplary customer service
- Demonstrate ability to see issues from the customer's perspective, assesses urgency of requests and responds accordingly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, to differing audiences
- Will require travel to various locations outside of the corporate office
- Periodically moves boxes and computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs
- Positions self to install computer equipment, including under desks
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required
- ITIL Methodology
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 7/8, OSX, iOS, Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers, Local Account Management, Installs and removals, Registry, Command line, Service management systems, System Management Tools, RSA and Citrix Receiver
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following hardware: Desktop / Laptop, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, Android Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing equipment, Cisco IP phones
- Knowledge of wide area networks, TCP/IP and Server OS is desired.
- Experience in a related role requiring, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully install, configure, maintain, and support Windows and/or Mac desktop operating systems and software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring.