Would you love to play a pivotal role in developing web services that will provide self-care solutions to help millions of people around the world? Are you passionate about working with cutting edge web technologies? Was that a big YES? Great, keep reading...About Us
At Healthily, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we're the first app approved as a medical device (class 1), and are on the way to our goal helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 100-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
Healthily has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we love working with people who are curious, inventive, and are constantly seeking to learn and improve. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.What You Will Be Doing
You will play a pivotal role in building beautiful and impactful applications that will provide self-care solutions to millions of people worldwide. Day to day, duties will include, and won't be limited to
RequirementsWhat we are looking for in our next teammateExperience
- Updating, improving and optimizing the codebase of our core company website at livehealthily.com
- Working closely with our Medical Team to maintain our custom tools for managing our best in class AI self-care application
- Changing the world by participating in the burgeoning digital health industry
- Developing RESTful APIs
- Collaborating with the Design team to deliver innovative and engaging applications
- Writing optimised and high quality code and implement efficient and high standards testing principles.
- Experience building high performance back-end applications using Node Express
- Previous experience of collaborating with a wide group of stakeholders
- Experience of working closely with Product, Design and UX teams
- Experience with Docker, Webpack and AWS
- Automated testing using Mocha, Jest, Enzyme or similar
- Experience with CircleCI or similar.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience of using Typescript
- Experience of using Next.js
- Experience of Serverless/Lambda
- Experience working in a squad structure.
- Open and collaborative working style engaging with outside stakeholders to devise, implement, and test solutions
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and successfully across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver at pace
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Ability to produce well documented, maintainable and reliable code.
- Building applications that integrate with the Contentful CMS.
- Design of Isomorphic applications.
- Familiarity with Firebase for user authentication.
This is a super opportunity to contribute to a meaningful mission, be part of an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged, and work closely with a talented group of engineers who are constantly striving to improve the experience we deliver to our users.Benefits
Help us achieve our mission of helping a billion people find their health through self-care. Apply today. Your.MD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status - and welcome all sections of our community to apply for our roles
- Time when you need it - we operate a responsible leave policy (no upper limit)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package including pension, options and discretionary bonus scheme
- Option to work remotely with access to a fantastic central London located office space (as and when COVID restrictions permit)
- Access to the Calm app, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle to work scheme.