MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We're a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you want to work for an innovative, successful web business helping homeowners to find reliable tradespeople, then you may have found a new home.
Software development at MyBuilder
Our focus is to produce high quality, working and tested code which not only keeps us happy and productive, but also helps the business to succeed. Our development process has been honed through exploring various flavours of agile and we believe that our way of working helps us get the right things done at the right time.
We have open sourced a number of our tools and happily contribute back to projects we use.
Working on the Tech team at MyBuilder means working collaboratively to generate new ideas and solve problems. You'll be regularly working alongside Engineers, Designers and UX-ers, as well as sharing your work and incorporating feedback from teams around the business.
Much of our frontend is powered by a variety of React apps, and much of our public-facing site is run in HTML CSS, PHP, and JS. We're looking for a frontend developer to make sure that the entire site, and our react apps, look good and work for our users. This means implementing the styles that the design team comes up with, ensuring consistency across the site, and that the frontend is architected in a way that's reusable and smart. We want someone who's had experience working on a team, someone who's passionate and driven, gets stuff done, and isn't afraid to ask for help. We're looking for someone who embodies our company's core values. If this resonates with you, we'd love to meet you.Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining the website, and ensuring functioning buttons and good-looking pixels
- Work alongside product, design, and tech to make sure the website and react apps all look as they should
- Keen to learn new things, and enjoys keeping up with the latest front end technologies.
- Helping the team to understand and develop the frontend HTML / CSS
- Keen eye for design Meaning suggesting changes to proposed designs or working autonomously without design altogether.
- Have a good understanding of web browsers across desktop, mobile, and tablet, and their relative flaws and capabilities
- Experience in frontend engineering would be a plus
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We'll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you'll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you'll be in great company, surrounded by a world-class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
Read more about life at MyBuilder on the Product/Tech team.
How to apply
Send your CV and the link to your Github account, tell us why this is the role for you.
For more information on how we store your data please visit our Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.