Here at LoyaltyLion we want to make relationships the foundation of commerce.
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a fully customised loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 7,000 fast-growth ecommerce retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. One that makes customers feel valued, rather than like they are just another number.
We've grown from a company of 8 awesome people to 50 awesome people in the last three years. Tech is a big part of our business, which is why we are looking to add an Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer to our team.
Product and Process
LoyaltyLion's core product is comprised of three main components
- A user interface for shoppers to interact with the loyalty program and redeem rewards, in the form of a Typescript / React SDK
- A set of integrations and APIs to deliver event streams (purchases, user signups and more) from the key ecommerce platforms
- A merchant interface for store owners to define and configure their loyalty program, built with Ruby/Rails
Behind the scenes, these are all built and served on AWS ECS, backed by a Postgres database.
We punch above our weight with a testing & code review focused culture and we deploy multiple times per day.
The Infrastructure Engineer role
As Infrastructure Engineer, you'll have the be responsibility of
- Tracking and improving on the team's Accelerate metrics (deploys per day, change failure rate)
- Establishing an Observability mindset in the team
- Working with the software engineers in your team to define and monitor appropriate SLAs for the product
- Ensuring we're monitoring the right metrics & building out our runbooks so anyone on the team can react to an alert
- Advising on and building out infrastructure on AWS to enable our product goals
To be successful as an Infrastructure Engineer, we want passion, also curiosity, but also you should bring
- Production experience deploying, maintaining and operating products end-to-end on AWS
- Have built and managed significant production infrastructure with an Infrastructure as Code approach
- We use Terraform, but experience with e.g. Pulumi or CloudFormation still counts
- Know the unix & system administration fundamentals to dive deep when needed
- Have experience operating production SQL database deployments - we use Postgres
- Take a collaborative approach - it's up to you to share your DevOps mindset with the team around you and help them help themselves
As an added bonus, you might
- Bring more specific past experience with our infrastructure stack
- HA Postgres with Patroni
- AWS ECS
Throughout COVID-19 we are working remotely for the time being, although our regular office is located in Farringdon. We're committed to supporting anyone that joins us mid-pandemic in a way that enables you to; onboard smoothly, integrate with teams and feel a part of the team from the off.
In addition to this we offer
- Be part of the the first 75 employees that drive the future growth
- Join at a major inflection point - ecommerce is booming and with it the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
- Brand new Macbook, magic keyboard and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
- Remote working
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 13 days holiday over into the next holiday year
- Company days out and events (virtual for now)
- Home office budget
- Cycle scheme
- WeWork All access and an office space (post lockdown)
We're constantly reviewing our perks and benefits and are currently looking to introduce a new set of benefits for the 'new way of working' for the time being.