At RVU, we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK's top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK's leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We are actively recruiting an experienced SEO Outreach Manager, with 3-4 year's experience, to join our team in London (remote during lockdown). Reporting into the Content Marketing and Outreach Lead, this person will be responsible for executing our internal off-site content strategy, managing a team of junior Digital PR/Outreach executives, data analyst and coordinating external agency outreach projects.
You'll be involved in the full process of brainstorming, creating, implementing, pitching and analysing creative content campaigns across multiple national brands to aid our SEO by building high quality links. This position requires a creative thinker with strong communication skills who can uncover opportunities to develop and implement effective outreach campaigns and analyse their success. This is a hands on role, perfect for someone who is always willing to go the extra mile to secure coverage, with creative, bold ideas and gets genuinely excited by placing content and building links. Above all, you'll have a huge passion for content marketing and know what it takes to create best in class content that educates, inspires and entertains our audiences (from customers, to publications or niche websites). You'll be confident identifying the right link building opportunities, then forging the right relationships to generate high-quality coverage. You'll have experience pitching campaigns to journalists, but will feel just as comfortable sharing stories and creating content for niche industry websites. You'll have a good eye for finding new angles for a story and a creative approach to newsjacking, working closely with our internal traditional PR team.
- Manage the day to day execution of our off-site content strategy across multiple RVU brands
- Line management and mentoring junior team members to develop their skills and expertise
- Managing roster of external digital PR and content agencies to ensure campaigns run smoothly and KPIS are met
- Come up with ideas for online resources and innovative content campaigns that are specifically targeted to individual sites, audiences and websites.
- Leveraging content to gain links/coverage on news publications and niche websites
- Conduct research to identify appropriate audiences for our brand(s).
- Create content outlines and specs for the editorial team to communicate content needs.
- Collaborate with writers, designers, SEO and the wider outreach team to se projects through to completion and ensure campaign success.
- Lead brainstorms to generate campaign ideas, and other collaborative group work to help the wider outreach team.
- Pitch content and successfully manage relationships with key strategic partners on highly influential websites in our industries
- Develop extensive, relevant lists of contacts and nurture those relationships
- Keep track of campaign success and evaluate results
- An outreach pro who loves landing coverage, crafting the prefect pitch email and driving results from the front
- A proactive individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
- A keen interest and good understanding of the digital environment
- An strong understanding SEO best practices, excellent knowledge of content marketing, link building, and how PR ties into SEO
- Strong creative and analytical skills which you can use to create and land results-driven web content campaigns for our market leading brands.
- Proven track record of delivering coverage and links
- List of existing contacts/relationships so you can hit the ground running
- A positive, communicative personality that instils confidence in others
- Ability to mentor other junior members and provide feedback in a positive, yet constructive way
- Confident presenting to peers, agencies and senior stakeholders
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from outcomes
- Have solid decision making and relationship building skills
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while executing strong organisational and project management skills
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Health insurance
- 'Work from Home' budget to help contribute towards a great work environment at home
- Regular virtual events - from company-wide events with insightful external speakers, to virtual 'coffee chats' with fellow colleagues, we want to make sure our colleagues continue to feel connected whilst working remotely.