We are looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to manage a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of Engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of Engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of Engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design.Your Primary Responsibilities In This Role Will Include
- Understanding and evolving the overall architecture of our system to help reduce cost, increase performance and ensure the continued delivery of Avocet's services to our customers.
- Supporting the design and implementation of new features by helping to decide on the architecture, technology and tools used.
- Participating in code reviews and helping to improve the systems and processes used by our wider engineering team.
- Leading the engineering team through management and mentorship.
- Contributing to the recruitment activities and the professional development of our existing team members.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Knowledge of Go (Golang) & JS / TS preferable.
- A deep knowledge of AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience in recruiting Engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Experience working with both in-house engineering teams and outsourced development.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Option Scheme (EMI Scheme)
- Pension Scheme