We are the disruptors of the beauty industry. Our aim is simple provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world's best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty buyers' club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups.
Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique. We are building a unique shopping experience across every digital channel to deliver a world class service for our growing numbers of customers.Our technology
We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js and React, GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on cloud services including AWS, GCP and Vercel.
Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.The role
You're a Senior Full Stack Engineer who wants to build high-quality user-centric applications with experience of shipping code at high cadence. You're very confident with our technology and modern development practices. You have a deep knowledge of best practice in developing for the web, covering accessibility, performance, semantic mark-up and state management.
Motivated by building great products that solve real problems, whether it's improving our customers' experience, enabling our own team through great tooling or improving website conversion metrics. You care about the quality of the work you produce, aiming to make it stable, maintainable and easy to work with for the rest of the Beauty Pie Team.
Keen to work collaboratively, communicate potentially complicated and technical concepts in ways that make it easy for other disciplines to understand. In the areas you don't have much prior experience, you're excited by the prospect of getting stuck in and learning something new.Role Profile
RequirementsWe'd love it if you have...
- Join one of our cross-functional teams to build user experiences for growth + marketing
- Contributing to the component library and implementing visual and component testing.
- Play an active role in our code review process, reviewing code from across the team as well as making it easy for others to review the code you write
- Contribute to discovery, ideation and research alongside designers, engineers in order to identify, prioritise, solve problems iteratively.
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions.
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team - be it through pairing, a talk or external speaking opportunity.
- Demonstrable experience developing full stack applications for the web
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and testing automation
- Experience with version control (ideally Git & GitHub)
- Expereince using technologies like React and GraphQL
As always, there are a few perks...
- A Free Membership to Beauty Pie
- Individual Private Medical Insurance
- Matched Pension Contribution up to 4%
- Perkbox (our fantastic online benefits platform which offers discounts on everything from gym memberships, eating out, cinema tickets and holidays + free mobile phone insurance)
- 25 days holiday.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
More About Technology
All our clients sit on GraphQL to provide a clean abstraction from all the underlying headless services, some we'll buy off the shelf and others we'll be building ourselves. Again, we haven't decided what tech to use for this yet, one step at a time. We host the majority of our world on AWS, built with Terraform, but like the code we write, we're always experimenting with new technologies and tools that align to our business needs.
It's not all about the languages and tools we use. Continuously delivering business value through rapid delivery, learning and adapting is our mantra. We use the latest modern software delivery processes with an ambition to automate everything, branch, build, deploy, test, ship, watch, monitor and alert all fully automated, so we can focus on building an awesome experience for our customers and back office business.