Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award .
Our second innovation Elvie Pump, the world's first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and 'wearable design of the year' at the Dezeen Awards .
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups "To Watch" by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive
- We're fearless - We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We're innovators - We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We're in it together - Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
You have been working within the Product Development industry for around 6 years, perhaps within a few different roles, and have gained a broad range of experiences across the business. You understand the needs and challenges of Quality, Customer Care, Manufacturing and/or Operations teams because working with such groups represents a significant part of your professional experience. You have experience with a variety of mass production processes for smart electro-mechanical wearable products, and product/production data is something you are familiar with.
You succeed at resolving intricate product problems that are constrained by multiple factors, breaking them down into logical steps that form a clear path. You are keen to understand issues at a fundamental level, and enjoy seeing projects through from initiation to completion. You are mechanically inclined with an eye for elegant, usable products and are enthused by the idea of working in a company revolutionising product markets. You strive to empathise with the end user, and to put their needs at the centre of what you do.
You are a "doer" at heart and are as happy when hacking together a prototype as you are when leading a development project. If you are someone who wants to lead a project but truly thrives on getting their sleeves rolled up to relentlessly drive product enhancements through to production, we would love to hear from you.What You'll Be Doing
- Solve real world problems by identifying and delivering product issue fixes and enhancements.
- Use your experience and instinct to provide leadership at all stages of the design change process from root cause investigation, project scoping, basic concepts and proof of principle rigs through to production representative prototypes, engineering builds, mass production, ECO creation, cut in and post-market surveillance.
- Commission bespoke tests and related equipment to undertake a variety of product testing, analysis and reporting activities, as well as supporting end user trials.
- Apply your knowledge of production technology, materials and finishes to challenge constraints and push boundaries of current designs.
- Conduct design reviews and offer mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Develop, review and approve product documentation.
- Collaborate with a range of teams to develop game-changing products.
- Degree in Product Design Engineering or similar.
- A level of experience you might achieve after around 6 years in the product development industry.
- Experience with medical, electro-mechanical, wearable and/or smart product development.
- Proven track record of solving complex product problems through root cause analysis, whilst also understanding the fundamental principles of the issue at hand.
- Appreciation for all stakeholders involved in product development.
- Demonstrable ability to empathise with end users to resolve conflicting technical and human factors.
- Experience of contract manufacturing (or a willingness to learn - some travel will be required).
- Experience managing 3D CAD (preferred Solidworks experience).
- Proven ability to manage medium sized assemblies.
- Hands-on experience of rapid and manual prototyping.
- Experience of DFM tools such as FMEA, Tolerance Analysis, GD&T.
- Effectively be able to work across multi-disciplinary teams with multiple decision makers.
- You are a self starter with great visual and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience with product change control.
- Practical experience of performing data analysis on large data sets.
- Experience of working in a ISO 13485 environment.
- Understanding of best practices for product testing.
- Comfortable with a rapidly changing set of priorities.
- Practical project management experience (ideally in a lean environment).
- General knowledge or experience with Six Sigma tools and related manufacturing methodologies.
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women's health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women's bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women's tech hub.