InReach is changing how VC in Europe works, for good. Through data, software and Machine Learning, we are building an in-house platform to help us find, reach-out to and invest in early-stage European startups, regardless of the city or country they're based in.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to continue the development of InReach's machine learning capabilities. This involves analysing / exploring / manipulating the data on companies and founders from across Europe and building algorithms to find new opportunities.
It is important to us that candidates be passionate about helping entrepreneurs and startups. This is our bread-and-butter and we want you to be involved.
This is a remote role so we are looking for someone with excellent written and spoken communication skills. InReach is a remote-first employer and we are looking to this hire to help us become an exceptional place to work for remote employees.
- InReach Ventures, the 'AI-powered' European VC, closes new €53M fund
- The Full-Stack Venture Capital
- Roberto Bonanzinga starts InReach Ventures with DIG platform
- Creatively and quickly coming up with effective solutions to undefined problems
- Choosing technology that is modern but not hype-driven
- Exploring data and finding new ways to find great startups and entrepreneurs
- Developing features and tests quickly with good, clean code
- Being part of the wider development team, reviewing code and participating in architecture from across the stack
- Communicating exceptionally, both asynchronously (written) and synchronously (spoken)
- Helping to shape InReach as a remote-first organization
- 15m video chat with Ben, CTO to find out more about InReach and the role
- 2h data science technical test
- 30m architectural discussion with Ben, talking through what you have done in the past
- 30m data science discussion with Moreno, Machine Learning Lead, talking through the data science test
- 2h interview with the different team members from across InReach. We're a small company so it's important we see how we'll all work together - not just the tech team!
Ideally 1+ year's professional experience as a data scientist or engineer.
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Scikit Learn
- Postgres / SQL
Some experience with
- Python Unittest
Bonus points for
- AWS - SQS
- AWS Lambda
- PyTorch / Deep Learning
- Equity and equivalent interest in the investments we make
- Remote-first organization, whether you're in the office in London or remote!
- If you're UK based pension contributions and private health insurance