Role Marketing Scientist
Based at Zappi HQ - Camden, LondonSalary Depending On Experience
Zappi has a fantastic new opportunity for a highly skilled Marketing Scientist looking to develop their career in a technology and automation environment, as it continues to re-shape the industry.
In the last 5 years, the Market Research industry has witnessed unprecedented disruption from technology, changing both the agency and the client-side model forever with faster and cheaper research solutions. Whilst this trend is set to continue, the next phase of automation will leverage the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence to make automated research better than traditional approaches, not just faster and cheaper.
Since its inception in 2013, Zappi has been at the vanguard of better automated research. In order to continue to drive this, we need talented research professionals working and growing within the business. Our internal research team injects quality thinking into the products and platform solutions we offer to our users.What is Zappi?
Zappi is essentially a software company with a related sales and marketing function; however, our business is research and our core proposition is a one-stop-shop research platform. The products we build on that platform solve business challenges like brand tracking, ad copy testing, pack testing and so on. Our partners and clients are some of the largest buyers of market research in the world.
Research buyers set up a project on our platform, trigger data collection through online panel partners and see reporting and analysis of their project hours later. Zappi does not directly offer a human consultancy service; instead we pour our expertise into the great design of our platform and products, which we then repeat at scale.
At 7 years old and with significant investment and year-on-year growth behind us, Zappi has big ambitions. This year marks a point of significant acceleration in our pursuit of better . It's a very exciting time with an abundance of opportunities for business and personal growth, and we need exciting people to be a part of it.The role
You would join a small but crucial internal Research team that touches almost all teams and work streams around the business, from software development, to UX design, to project execution, to marketing and sales.
The role will be varied - no two days will be the same - but it will have particular focus in the following areas
The right candidate will be
- Working with Zappi's Research, Data Science and account teams to drive the design and prototyping of new research products and platform solutions
- Using Zappi platforms as well as other statistical packages to build and test data models for products, as well as platform upgrades e.g. weighting schemes
- Validating that the automated solutions that you help design are delivering insight as intended
- Making a significant contribution to the thinking and execution of prediction work across the platform
- Lubricating everyday decision making across the business by consulting on research and methodological matters, drawing on the experience you have amassed to date and the support of others in the team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Statistics, Advanced Analytics, Data Science or a related subject.
- Have a strong appreciation for which analytic techniques to use in which situation, and be able to communicate to colleagues the value of those techniques.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of statistical analysis techniques, both current and emerging.
Most importantly, a role at Zappi offers you valuable exposure to the future of the insight industry.What To Expect At Zappi
You will be stepping out of the traditional research businesses you may have seen or worked at in the past.
Zappi has an entrepreneurial start-up culture, borne out of massive growth and a genuine tech DNA. You will be working in a fast-moving environment with some extremely smart people changing the market research industry as you know it.
You will be putting yourself in the minds of research buyers and making automation easy for them. You will be finding out about machine learning, artificial intelligence and user experience design.
And you will be having a great time!
Zappi fosters a culture of great autonomy and an extremely flat structure. Our employees are encouraged to work in cross-functional teams and seek out effective ways to drive the business forward, within a framework of topline company goals.Our kind of people
- Prioritise your own learning
- Take time to listen deeply before acting
- Aren't afraid to address challenging issues directly, with compassion
- Lead through inspiration not coercion and create space for others to lead
- Are comfortable with radical transparency
- Are comfortable being uncomfortable; change is constant at Zappi
- Are humble and honest
- Listen carefully to each other and to our customers
- Fundamentally trust each other
- Leave our egos at the door
- Aren't afraid to fail
- Want to have a positive impact on the planet and our communities
Zappi is an equal opportunities employer; our diversity is a major strength. We maintain a constant dialogue with our teams and wider communities about how we can become a more inclusive place to work.Requirements
This role would suit a Marketing Scientist with 5+ years of experience in a traditional market research agency environment conducting advanced statistical analysis to deliver market research projects, with mastery over techniques such as conjoint, market mix modelling, Bayesian econometric analysis, attribution modelling, Segmentation (K-means, Latent class), Regression (Logistic, Linear, Non-linear) and Factor analysis.BenefitsThe perks
At Zappi we work hard; your hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm but with a lot of flexibility. We all have a job to do - how, where and when you get that done is largely up to you. In return we can offer you a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, ground-breaking projects to work on, a ground-breaking company to work at , unlimited holiday allowance and a pension scheme.
Over 2020 Zappi transitioned very successfully to being a remote-first company and as such, we do not anticipate requiring a regular presence in the London office. However, the ability to access the office in person 1-2 times a week would be valuable, once this is possible again.
Zappi is an equal opportunities employer, although you must be legally able to work in the UK.