Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent games developers which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mould with weird and wonderful games across every platform.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.Description
Embedded amongst our development teams, members of our QA teams are responsible for helping to test our games, from inception to release and beyond! You will help ensure that our games are of the highest quality possible before we release them to players around the world!
Working with current and past generation of consoles, you will be working closely with senior team members to ensure a successful release of games on all of the major platforms.Details
- Working with Lead QA and Production team, you will be responsible for managing, performing, and overseeing the testing of games of a major console platform.
- Communicate the health of the project to Project leads and stakeholders.
- Assist in the sign off on build readiness prior to submitting to first parties.
- Experience working on and releasing games on one or more of the major console platform holder's recent consoles.
- Experience working closely with Lead QAs, Production, and other team members to build the best darn quality game we can.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong IT literacy, and experience using a variety of bug databases.
- Ability to log bugs to a high standard, with appropriate logging information, and media, whilst clearly demonstrating the issue.
- Has worked to mentor more junior team members, and is able to organise, and set work for them using your resources efficiently.
- Can create great test plans for upcoming, and in-flight features.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience within video games.
- First party certification release and/or testing knowledge (the more the better!).
- Experience creating reports, and extrapolating data to show bug fixing trends.
- May have more technical areas of expertise around network, compliance, or localisation testing.
- Self-driven, problem-solver with demonstrable critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to effectively communicate with the development team.
Want to Work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including upto 3 x remote days weekly and private health care.Details
How to apply & really impress us (Right Column)As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you're passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you're the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.