What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Owner to support our Technical Service Delivery and project teams. A key responsibility for the role is to work closely with our client Product Owners in ensuring effective delivery of value. You'll be developing partnerships with our clients and driving agile, cross functional teams whilst also taking broader ownership of account governance in assisting Technical Account Leads and support of Technical Product Owners on other teams.
When you join our TPO team, you will be
What You'll Bring
- Responsible for the creation, review and refinement of User Stories and ensuring that development teams have a refined backlog that adheres to our quality standards and the Definition Of Ready (DOR)
- Supporting and coaching other TPOs in the delivery of their backlogs.
- Supporting and coaching the client product owner and wider stakeholders in accordance to Scrum practices and MMT Digital standards.
- Performing governance duties and associated actions during Project Health check meetings to ensure that the risk management on the project is effective and supporting the PM in the management of technical risks to the project.
- Responsible for the consideration of budget, agreed scope and time during the development of the product, with a focus on lean product development.
- Reviewing and coaching TPOs on the considerations of budget, scope and time in regard to their product development.
- Working with the MMT Digital Project Manager to manage client expectations on their projects in order to ensure the client is satisfied and that the project is delivered on budget.
- De-risking project delivery by facilitating product delivery burndown sessions known as "Landing the plane"
- Liaising with the UX team to ensure lean creative and UX is provided to the teams when required in order to help with the generation of user stories.
- Working with the development team and ensure the technical direction is aligned to the product vision.
- Responsible for escalating team velocity, resourcing and competency issues or concerns.
- Expected to liaise with Technical Account Leads and department heads regarding quality and performance of the product delivery.
- Advocating and developing MMT Digital best practices
- Coordinating the professional development of TPOs
- Working with the Project Manager to understand the commercial performance of their accounts.
- Identifying and escalating account growth opportunities to the Account Leads
In order to flourish in this role, you'll need the following
- Previous experience in the Product Owner role or equivalent
- Experience of product delivery for large scale projects
- Experience delivering multiple concurrent product backlogs
- Experience building long term client relationships with wider stakeholder management
- Demonstrable experience with scaled Agile teams (Nexus, SAFe, Less, Scaled Scrum etc)
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have
What You'll Get
- Preferably Advance Scrum Product Owner certificate or equivalent
- Previous experience line-managing team members
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns, Brown Bag sessions and fortnightly 'Studious Hermit' meetings where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments - a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
What Motivates Us
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values - Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don't tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we're working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don't blame, we learn and we have fun!Who We Are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK's most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We've committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.