As a Mobile Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for working with both our external partners on their mobile game titles and our internal technology teams on developing solutions for best in class mobile products and tools.
When working with our development partners you will be responsible for tackling a wide variety of problems which require a good knowledge of mobile game development to keep their projects on track. This will include integrating internal technologies and solutions as well as developing new ones to fit the needs of the given project, producing documentation for both internal and external consumption and support the needs of both the publisher and developer. The role will cover all aspects of mobile development from client-side work, backend integration and third-party SDK's.
Internally you work as part of our team developing tools and technologies to push our mobile games forward. This will encompass all of the area's detailed in above with regards to mobile development and possibly more to ensure we produce great technologies to use in our games. You will be responsible for thoroughly documenting this work and producing guides to be used by all stakeholders.
This is a very exciting role covering all aspects of mobile development with lots of scope for learning and development as well as working on exciting mobile projects.RequirementsKey Deliverables
- Efficiently provide technical support and solutions across Square Enix's suite of mobile tools and technologies.
- Solve customer problems by working with external development teams and in-house technical teams.
- Maintain excellent relations between the internal technical support teams, publishing and external developers.
- Contribute to the internal technology documentation and produce user guides for external developers and live-ops personnel.
- Support for advertising/monetisation functionality in our products
- Support and maintenance of our User Acquisition effort
- Technical Director
- Director of Mobile Publishing
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Proficient in C#, within a Unity3D context
- Experience in backend end development and/or BaaS systems
EssentialCompetencies, Skills & Attributes
- Communicate strongly with colleagues to understand the task and deliver what's needed
- Familiarity with common source control systems such as SVN, git, Perforce and accepted workflows
- Ability to clearly design and document systems and processes for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Understanding of the constraints of mobile games
- Experience of common algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Knowledge or past experience integrating SDK's into mobile projects.
- Debugging and problem solving
- A degree in Computer Science or the equivalent in experience.
- Extensive programming experience in a relevant language such as C#, C++, Objective C or Java
- Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title using Unity3D or Unreal engine
- Widespread experience with the Unity3D engine
- Experience of using common Continuous Integration systems
- Creating and improving Unity editor tools
- Experience of working on multiplayer games
- A solid understanding of network transactions to communicate with game servers
- Worked on previous multi-platform products
- Experience developing F2P Mobile products
- Experience using iTunes Connect and the Google Play Console or other App Stores.