Globally, 80% of workers don't have a desk or an office. These workers are the backbone of the global economy, the people we interact with every day in stores, on buses, in our hospitals, delivering our parcels and maintaining our buildings. The current generation of workplace technology doesn't fit their needs, Blink enables those people to be productive, informed and engaged while on the move.
We've built a fresh approach to an old problem. Our goal is to be the #1 choice for mobile enterprise, to build the workplace 'super-app' that brings together in one place the people and information that matter. We've recently raised over €9.2M in funding, to help us continue our growth.What will you be doing?
You'll be working hand-in-hand with our founding team, as well as our engineers to build a world-class, category defining platform. Our team work quickly, producing high quality code and features. A key part of your role will be to keep the platform healthy, performant and available.
- Setup, build and maintain software and tooling to improve visibility of the health of our systems
- Setup, build and maintain software and tooling to manage expected failure conditions (network, load)
- Use various infrastructure-as-code tools, including ansible and terraform, to automate ops processes
- Configure and manage data sources like Amazon Aurora, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Consul and vault
- Work with the wider development team to constantly improve our CI/CD processes, ensuring the smoothest path for deploying and testing code
- Assist the wider development team to resolve technical issues and conduct root cause analysis of incidents
We use the latest tools and technology to deliver a highly available, resilient and performant platform. Here's our current stack
What are we looking for?
- DevOps AWS, CircleCI, Github Actions, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vault, Consul, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- Clients React with Redux, Swift, Kotlin, GraphQL, REST
- Backend Scala, Akka, NodeJS, Openresty, MySQL
The successful candidate will be methodical and resourceful, with excellent attention to detail. You'll be able to pick up new concepts quickly and be a sponge for knowledge. Required experience includes
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools
- A strong understanding of hosting solutions and cloud technologies
- Extensive experience in deployments and network/server maintenance
- Excited about automation, with a background in writing clever solutions and scaling applications
- Solid understanding of underlying technologies and protocols
- A friendly person, who gets on well with people and enjoys their work
You'll have the opportunity to be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. Most importantly, you'll be working in a company with a strong mission and with a team that are ambitious, competitive, and embarking on a journey that many start-ups can only dream of!Other Benefits Include
- Competitive salary and generous equity allocations with significant upside potential
- 25 days annual leave per year, not including public holidays
- Your choice of kit and tools (Mac/Windows, monitors, ...)
- Private Healthcare (Vitality, which includes extra benefits)
- Bike to work scheme
- Social events (Company getaways, lunches, breakfasts, nights out)
- Regular Yoga/HIIT sessions
- Free wellness credits for massages, physio & more
- Convenient central London location