Achilles Therapeutics is a fast growing London based Biotech company developing T cell therapies with a technology platform to deliver these precise personalised therapies for oncology indications. We are focused on bringing our ground-breaking science from initial idea to personalised treatment in order to improve the lives of patients suffering from cancer.
We are at clinical stage, and use DNA sequencing data from each patient, together with our proprietary PELEUS™ bioinformatics platform, to identify clonal neoantigens specific to that patient and develop personalised T cell therapies.
Originating from pioneering research at UCL, CRUK and the Francis Crick Institute, we are using our ground-breaking immuno-oncology approach to rapidly advance therapies and have two programs in the clinic for the treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Melanoma.
At Achilles, you will enjoy a dynamic and fast paced working environment that fosters teamwork and creativity, and provides excellent career opportunities for talented individuals. You will work with highly experienced leaders in science and business to continue to build an exciting company at the very cutting edge of drug discovery.
Achilles Therapeutics is looking for an experienced Data Manager to join our Translational Science team. The Translational Science team is responsible for the collation of both clinical and R&D data which is key to turning our exploratory hypotheses into actionable insights.
The Data Manager role at Achilles will be crucial for ensuring data integrity from the management of Achilles' R&D activities and will complement our separate management of our Translational clinical trial data.The successful candidate will
RequirementsThis position requires
- Assume responsibility for co-ordinating data output from different R&D activities through the data lifecycle to ensure reliable storage within Achilles' proprietary Translational datasets and data integrity
- Co-ordinate R&D data access and communication across different stakeholders across R&D
- Liaise internally within the Translational Team to foster data management best practice within the team
In addition to the above, the following skills/experiences are desirable
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a relevant informatics subject
- Experience in organising and transferring large volumes of data securely and robustly
- Demonstrated fluency in a general programming language (Python)
- Understanding and experience of Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience of handling biological datasets
- Knowledge of FAIR data principles
- Strong organisational skills and a desire to take responsibility for all aspects of the data lifecycle
- Passion for processing and delivering clean data for downstream analyses
- Exceptional time management agility to manage concurrent data flows
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading team of scientists with an international reputation for excellence in immuno-oncology research and to become a key contributor to an exciting project destined to change the course of cancer patient management in the clinic.
This is a permanent position, based in our new offices right by Hammersmith underground in London.Benefits
At Achilles you will enjoy a flexible and dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, leadership and teamwork.
We offer benefits that include a competitive salary and performance related bonus, group pension plan matched up to 6%, life insurance, private medical insurance and an employee share incentive scheme.