We are looking for a talented and experienced Manufacturing Assembly Engineer with pressure test equipment experience, to join our very busy and growing Engineering department at our Wellingborough facility.
Autocraft Machining Solutions is part of the Autocraft Solutions Group. Our 7,000sqm facility in Wellingborough is home to the group's medium to high volume machining capability. AMS specialises in cylinder head & block machining, bed plates, ladder frames, EV motor & transmission casings, and structural BIW components.The Role
You'll be designing the assembly processes, tooling and equipment for our machined components, to manage the flow of components through the production process from raw castings to finished product.
You'll provide engineering and technical support to Senior Production Engineers, customers and operations teams within Autocraft Machining Solutions.
The role will involve
- Designing, developing, sourcing and proving out of assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment for new products
- Developing technical specifications, transposing customer specifications/drawings and instructions into engineering processes
- Designing and proving out pressure test systems from simple components such as covers to complex engine head and block assemblies
- The management of external toolmakers, equipment design and procurement
- Providing solutions to technical issues in production at all 3 Autocraft Solutions Group sites
As a team player, you'll be confident in liaising with both customers and suppliers, and will support customer and quality meetings where required. You'll have a keen eye for detail in developing process instructions for assembly operations in line with customer requirements. Training of production operatives will be required to ensure fixtures, assembly equipment and pressure tests are used correctly, and everything you design will adhere to the highest health and safety standards.Requirements
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer in an assembly environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly methods and tool design
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD, MS Office)
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Teamwork skills
- Degree in Engineering or HND/HND with relevant work experience
- £40,000 pa depending on experience
- Growing and financially secure business
- Full-time, permanent position, staff day shift and early finish on Fridays!
- Company quarterly performance bonus scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking