About Evaluate Ltd
Evaluate provides trusted commercial intelligence for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Our core online subscription service, EvaluatePharma® delivers a seamless view of the past, present and future of the global pharmaceutical market in a single, standardised platform. EvaluatePharma Vision® builds on this to provide the first ever single view of the risk and reward of the R&D landscape. Vantage - our award-winning, independent editorial team - provide thought-provoking news and insights into the current and future developments in the industry. Evaluate has been a trusted partner to industry-leading organisations for over 20 years. For more information on how we give our clients the time and understanding to drive better decisions, visit www.evaluate.com.
We are looking for an experienced Tableau developer to join our dynamic team and take ownership of creating premium visualisations to enable our clients to better access insights from our commercially and clinically orientated data and analytics.
Our Tableau visualisations are typically embedded into our client-facing website, with the data prototyping and modelling carried out in Alteryx before being productionised by our engineering team.
The successful candidate will work with the team on projects related to both new and existing products to build visually appealing, fast and scalable visualisations.
Please be prepared to present samples of Tableau dashboards you have created.Responsibilities
- Work on new and existing projects/products, creating dashboards, reports, etc. using Tableau desktop
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx (or equivalent), performing end to end data validation
- Prepare data for Tableau within Alteryx or equivalent
- Work with business stakeholders (predominantly product development team) to gather requirements, develop dashboards, and ensure validity of results
- Manipulate large datasets, write queries, and design data extracts for Tableau products
- Documentation and change control
- Mentor less experienced product developers in Tableau and Alteryx
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and a working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture
- 2+ years' experience in Tableau - Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate or similar
- 2+ years' experience using Alteryx Designer or equivalent ETL tool
- Excellent data visualisation design skills
- Large data-set analysis experience/analysing data structures
- Experience of data modelling (dimensional & relational)
- Managing Tableau extracts on Tableau Server
- Tableau Desktop Certified Associate
- Alteryx core certified
- Interest in the healthcare industry and machine learning
- Strong mathematics background
- Experience in using of Jira boards (Kanban) for project management
- Hands on experience working with SQL to help extract and manipulate data
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and writtenExperience of working on several different projects/tasks concurrentlyExcellent problem-solving, analytical and prioritisation skillsAbility to take initiative and come up with innovative solutionsAbility to prioritise workload and manage own timeAbility to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlinesBenefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- 25 days holiday with option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Pension plan - company contribution of 6.7% rising to 10% after 12 months service
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance*
- Corporate Gym Membership/Discount*
- Season Ticket Loan*
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
(*following successful completion of probation period. )Equal Opportunities statement
Evaluate is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people's differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success.
We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual's abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Evaluate operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.