We're a multi award-winning team expanding the online bookable campsite and holiday park market where only 30% are bookable online. And we want another expert to join us.
We're looking for a tech lead manager to lead our growing engineering team of four, looking to expand rapidly, delivering enhancements across our B2B and B2C platforms and supporting architecture.
Pitchup is the market leading online booking site for campsites and caravan parks, with over 4,000 sites available in 65 countries, including an office in North America, and plans for further global expansion.
More Brits go camping and caravanning than holiday in Spain and Greece combined, and the market is booming as Brits switch to domestic holidays. Now, we're expanding into Europe and further afield.
A member of the Financial Times' FT1000 fastest growing companies in Europe, Pitchup.com receives up to 320,000 visits and 6,500 bookings per day. The company is profitable and was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com staff with a background in the holiday park sector.
We're currently working from home with an office at The Light Box off Chiswick High Road (nearest tube/train Gunnersbury, Kew Bridge) and are a lively friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us - is that you?About The Role
This position has a combination of technical and management responsibilities, with the successful candidate having proven experience in both. As the technology leader in the company, you will be expected to lead technical design and implementation discussions, contribute code yourself, as well as line manage the development team members.What We Might Be Working On
The Successful Candidate Will
- Relaunching our customer and campsite-focused sites, updating our main templates in Vue.js
- Adding geo features such as new points of interest and time-based search
- Group bookings functionality to determine the optimal combination of pitches offered
- Growing our euro-denominated business to capitalise on the European market
- Instrumenting, testing and personalising our site
- Optimising our marketing channels
- Work with our managing director, product owner and lead developer to define the technical roadmap and technical requirements
- Be responsible for technical delivery across our B2B and B2C platforms, and supporting architecture
- Write code as part of the engineering team
- Be responsible for defining and monitoring technical metrics, such as speed and uptime
- Lead and optimise team organisational interactions such as code reviews, planning and estimation
- Manage the other software engineers on the team, including contractors
- Help grow the team, and grow into a more senior leadership role as the company expands
The position reports to our managing director and involves working with all other teams within the company.About You
About Our Tech Stack
- You will have a minimum BA/BS in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience
- You have a proven track record leading technology teams in scaleup/startup environments over several years, instilling and championing positive and effective ways of working
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity & uncertainty
- Experience using monitoring tools such as New Relic to identify and implement technical enhancements
- You have a meticulous nature and results driven approach
Experience in Python is essential, and we strongly prefer someone who has experience with the rest of the stack or can pick it up quickly.
Our website is built using Python, Django, vue.js and PostgreSQL, served using nginx, Varnish and Cloudflare.
Additional tech stack information: Gitlab (issues & CI), MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Celery, Solr, Typescript, Ansible, Docker / Docker Swarm, Google cloud, Web performance metrics, Datadog, ELK (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana), AWS S3, Baremetal, Serverless, Terraform, ScrapingHub scrapy, Traefik, k8s Google Cloud (upcoming)Salary:
competitive. Benefits include pension match up to 4%, critical illness cover, group income protection and Vitality private medical insurance.Questions about the role before applying?
Let's talk - contact us.