QA Localisation TesterLondon, Home-Working, initially.Weekdays circa 08 15 - 16 45Shift availability to 5 days per week.No weekend or evening working.Students welcome.
QA Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS5, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the world's leading publishers.
As one of our QA Localisation Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety - translated text, images and the rest of the user interface collectively. You'll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous translation, proofreading, copywriting or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would also be interested in this position.What You'll Be Doing
RequirementsWhat we're looking for
- Working in a project team consisting of many colleagues from around the world.
- Identifying and correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation and other language errors.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements.
- Ensuring the accuracy of translation within context and consistency of terminology and imagery.
- Hunting for missing / wrong content and ensuring the proper date/calendar/character display / format.
- Writing reports on errors/bugs found and Ad hoc translation.
- Overseeing the quality of your work, collaboration and contributing to the overall success of projects.
- Native level fluency in the language you are applying for, and English.
- Strong cultural understanding of the language you are applying for.
- Computer literacy - particularly with Excel.
- Robust Internet research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience with using different software, applications, and websites.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and collaborate within project teams.
BenefitsWhat we offer
- Candidates must have their own broadband with a direct connection to the router via ethernet cable.
- A separate and private working area.
- Must live within 15 miles of our studio in Brentford.
- Be able to provide evidence of Right to Work in the UK.
- PTW PC & Accessories Supplied -
Who We Are
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
- Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities and languages.
- Brand new office facility based in Brentford. Amenities include a gym, café and transport to and from Gunnersbury station.
- Due to the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK, we are offering home based work at the moment but as soon as the office reopens, candidates will work from the studio.
PTW is a global services company that collaborate with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.Welcome to PTW.