K3 is a leading global supplier of integrated business systems to retailers, manufacturers and distributors. We have over 25 years' experience of delivering award winning solutions for more than 3,000 customers across 20 countries. Our success is built upon world class software, tailored by our industry expertise and delivered by our world class service.Job Summary
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the timely delivery of quality project implementations, resulting in a positive customer experience and a reference-able customer. Managing Delivery
- The Project Manager is expected to be able to deliver projects in accordance with the K3 Syspro 'IDEAL' project methodology, which itself is based upon PRINCE 2 principles
- The Project Manager is the key point of contact with the customer and should maintain the suite of project documentation relating to each project, (such as project meetings, consultancy visits, development meetings etc.) and ensure it is available via the K3 Syspro SharePoint site.
- The project manager has overall responsibility for ensuring that all the required project documentation is completed and signed off by the customer, highlighting any actions dependent upon them.
- Working with the commercial team, the Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the project has commercial coverage prior to any work commencing and has responsibility for the management of the agreed budget throughout the project lifecycle.
- The Project Manager will create and agree the project plan with the customer and is responsible for the scheduling of all consultancy work through the K3 diary booking system and ensuring that each site visit is followed up accordingly, as required.
- The project manager is expected to effectively manage the scope of the project, creating the required change controls, while managing the supporting commercials where applicable.
- The project manager is responsible for enforcing agreed project governance and using good judgement identify where an issue needs to be escalated to the Senior Supplier for attention.
- The Project Manager is responsible for all ensuring all their diary bookings conform to the requirements of the K3 diary system, to protect the commercial interests of K3, by ensuring that each booking has commercial coverage agreed in advance
- The Project Manager is responsible for scheduling consultants to customers in order to meet the expectations of the customer in context to the project schedule.
- The Project Manager will ensure they bill their time where appropriate and complete site visit reports representing the work in a timely fashion.
The Project Manager will compile a monthly status report for each project which includes a budget reconciliation, highlights of the key risks and issues, an overall status and a measure against the project timeline.
This will be presented to the Lead Project Manager during a monthly project team meeting where each project will be reviewed, and a RAG status allocated. They will then follow up on any actions arising from this meeting.
The Project Manager will report their own billed time and make forecasts for future months.Qualifications -Key Requirements
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent
Skills And Abilities
- Experience as an implementations project manager, preferably in an ERP environment throughout the full project lifecycle
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects with varying objectives and milestones
- Experience of managing commercially and politically sensitive projects
- Experience of working with technical and development teams - desirable
- Proficient in core project management technology (MS Project)
- Good understanding of technology in our industry (SQL, Citrix, SFDC, etc.) - desirable
- Knowledge of core processes in ERP industry
- Ability to understand and interpret customer requirements
- Excellent communication with both stakeholders and senior management, including delivering hard messages
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
With colleagues and customers all over the world, we've created a highly dynamic and international work atmosphere. The business that we are in is constantly evolving and because of this, there is always an opportunity to further your professional and personal growth.
As a K3 employee, you can count on
- An attractive salary
- An ambitious and international working atmosphere
- Appealing secondary benefits
At K3, we pride ourselves on offering equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural background, gender, age, marital status, maternity/pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious or political belief.
We care that our business creates a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is respected and can be themselves. We create a better and more sustainable business for our employees, our partners, the communities we work in and our customers through building non-discriminatory procedures and practices. At K3, every individual has an equal chance to apply and be selected for posts pre-employment and an equal chance to be trained and promoted while employed with the organisation.