The role is critical in maintaining continuity of supply in line with OTIF, cost and quality. The SQA & Goods-in Inspection Engineer is to be a specialist in the tools, processes and management of supplier quality and development processes. Indirectly managing and leading others, driving improvement initiatives and ensuring quality compliance of all supplied parts.Key areas of responsibility
- Management of supplied material quality issues identified in goods-in inspection, production, suppliers and customers.
- Working with suppliers to ensure quality problems are effectively contained and Root Cause analysed with appropriate problem-solving tools, including 8D, 5-Whys, Fishbone and DOE. Ensure effective TCAs and PCAs are implemented to prevent reoccurrence, including horizontal deployment across other product lines.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for supplier audits and provide plans for poor performing suppliers to mitigate risk to the company.
- Conduct approval, surveillance and capability audits of suppliers QMS, parts, processes and documentation to ensure compliance with relevant ISO9001 and IKAWA's Quality Agreement requirements (QAA), including the identification and escalation of quality and business risk. Writing of audit reports, audit non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and its application to the parts supply chain.
- Write, issue, negotiate and manage quality agreements with suppliers (QAA's)
- Develop proactive quality plans with suppliers and promote a zero-defect culture that reduces the need for upstream inspection and testing activities.
- Collaborate with the procurement department to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Support the selection and implementation of new suppliers according to the sourcing process and maintain the integrity of the approved supplier list and supplier data in relevant systems. Ensure supplier approval, supplier management and compliance documentation are maintained for audit readiness.
- Assist Engineering and R&D departments in the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers and materials following a defined new product development process.
- Plan, conduct and fully document part approvals on first article inspection and changed parts to ensure compliance to the drawing specification in line with internal SOPs.
- Conduct physical part inspections, process audits and document checks at onsite and offsite locations.
- Where appropriate, use core quality tools (APQP, FMEA & MSA) to proactively build quality into supplied product quality.
- Educated to degree/HND in Engineering.
- Experience and/or an interest in working with/for start ups.
- 5+ years' experience as a Quality Engineer or Quality Manager in a manufacturing organisation that produced highly engineered products (preferably automotive or aerospace)
- Experience with relevant Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, TS 16949, or AS9100 and ISO14001 standards)
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient at interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawings.
- Understanding of project management (experience preferred).
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA PFEMA, PPAP.
- Must have a positive proactive attitude to work, be self-motivated, and have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Be able to function independently of direct supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure solving problems and working to deadlines, while remaining organised and efficient.
- Must be comfortable presenting to and communicating with Sr Leadership internally and externally
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally.
- Trained Auditor to ISO9000 and ISO 14001
- Drivers licence
Our office and workshop are located at Unit 9, Bayford Street Business Centre, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE.Contract
Full time (Monday - Friday).
Notice periods considered.Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience.
22 days' holiday plus bank holidays.
Company benefits include MacBook, Home Roaster, team incentives and activities, perks, occasional travel, L&D opportunities, access to company pension scheme, ride to work scheme.