Chief Technology Officer
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to plan and execute a 5-year technology strategy as we go global and scale to billions of customers and messages.Who are we?
You know those annoying marketing messages you get every day. Well they're only going to get worse unless someone does something about it. Ometria's purpose is to help retailers create marketing experiences their customers will love.
We use data to truly understand each customer, and make sure that their experiences are ones they truly find valuable. We do this right now for 200 of the fastest growing retail brands, from Made.com to Hotel Chocolat, and for 200 million individual people across the world. We have (rather empty) offices based in London, New York and Southampton, and have raised over £25m from top tier VCs like Octopus and Summit.What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a technologist, a strategist, a visionary and an evangelist. Profiling a hundred million people in real time is hard enough - profiling a billion people is a whole new challenge, and at our rate of growth, we'll be there in just a few years time.Some of the initial things you'll be doing are
- Building out a 5 year technology plan that helps us build a scalable, stable and secure enterprise platform which keeps up with 100% year on year growth
A Bit About You
- Achieving business objectives through technology
- Designing and delivering on a technology strategy which achieves the annual business goals and quarterly business and department OKRs
- Driving initiatives that increase revenue and improve efficiency in line with business objectives and financial metrics
- System architecture and scaling
- Designing and implementing a scalable platform architecture which supports the growth, and evolving strategy of the business, and which will deliver a robust, agile, and scalable global platform
- System stability and security
- Designing and owning platform stability and security
- Growing, developing and retaining the team
- Attracting the best engineers that want to join our team.
- Interviewing and identifying the best talent to hire.
- Strategic leadership and evangelism
- Planning multiple years ahead and identifying a technology strategy necessary to achieve the business strategy
- Technology processes, delivery and reporting
- Researching and implementing scalable best practice development processes - sizing, capacity planning, sprint planning, delivery, etc. You know what the best fast-growth SaaS companies are doing and why
- Monitoring and reporting on team progress to the team, the SMT and to the CEO, ensuring any risks or issues are properly communicated and managed
- You have a software development background ideally in a high-growth SaaS startup
- You have proven experience of leading an engineering team developing an enterprise software product ( which includes a complex infrastructure with a backend and frontend component)
- You have experience of handling large data sets and scaling up systems quickly
- You've had sole top-level responsibility for building a team, owning it's security and stability, and delivering the roadmap.
- Leadership and management
- You know how to identify, interview and test technical talent
- Your passion is mentoring and developing technical talent
- Technical knowledge
- You have sufficient hands-on knowledge of our stack to be able to hold effective conversations with the developers and get their confidence as their leader.
- Commercial acumen
- Though you are a technologist, you operate commercially, and are as excited by the commercial growth of the business.
- You are able to communicate with customers and prospects to assist with sales and customer success, and put them at ease about the security and stability of our platform.
- Communication and collaboration
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment. We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- You can communicate plans within and outside the engineering team and achieve happy alignment with company strategy.