We're looking for a personable, tenacious and resourceful individual with excellent attention to detail to join our growing Finance team in the role of Commercial Finance Analyst.
Reporting to our Financial Controller, you'll initially focus on process improvements and efficiencies to support the business as we scale, such as advising on financial controls to ensuring our manually invoiced customers are timely and accurately invoiced.
You can expect close collaboration with cross-functional teams to align on expectations and turn analysis into value-adding insight, driving commercial and financial results for the business.Responsibilities
- Liaise with our commercial and professional services team to gather the appropriate data to invoice our customers.
- Set-up the required processes which simplify, accelerate, and secure our manual invoicing activity across both professional services and our SaaS platform.
- Track and process the appropriate financial indicators allowing the company to build a strong and detailed financial metrics dashboard.
- Provide and generate meaningful analysis on customers projects to produce insight to
Understand the drivers of performance from both a revenue and cost perspective. Improve reporting on projects and their associated revenue Track and analyse sales performances against targets, identify reasons for variances, and provide an accurate view on margins
- Generate regular and ad-hoc analysis reports for the Finance and Project Management Teams to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers and make recommendations to maximise the outcome.
- Support the production of commercially viable business cases for new customer projects to deliver on companies objectives.
- Participate in creating the best financial controls and structures to enable efficiency and performance
define, document, and maintain revenue policies across all jurisdiction improve the business revenue model from a reporting perspective help to build a strong Finance culture inside the organization
- Drive data quality, process and automation activities that improve workflow efficiencies help to select and implement new tools that would benefit across the organization.
- You are a commercially focused Finance professional with a pro-active outlook and previous experience in a finance business partner role.
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or the desire to study.
- Bachelor/Graduate Degree ideally in Business, Mathematics, Finance or equivalent.
- You have strong analytical skills which you use to offer strategic advice, continually improve processes and drive the business forwards.
- Strong interpersonal communication and persuasion skills ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Great organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with financial and projects management software (Excel, Xero, Toggl, PipeDrive).
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g BI tool) would be an advantage.
Our general approach is to treat people like adults and acknowledge that by being flexible we create an environment for people to do their best work. For more details here is our manifesto. That said specific points that differentiate us include
- A competitive salary, bonus and meaningful equity options
- Company pension scheme
- A holiday allowance of 28 days (excluding public holidays) per year
- Private healthcare for you and your family and opportunities for development and progression as we scale.
- Family friendly environment, many of the team have small children and we look to accommodate that as best we can.
- People tend to stay with the company for a long time, we take this as a sign that we have a cohesive, supportive culture, that we have engaging challenging work and that people can develop their skills and careers here for the long term.
Element does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.