Policy Expert is a data driven, InsurTech company built in the cloud. The UK's number 1 rated home insurance provider, and we are expanding on its award-winning success with new products, opportunities, and partnerships.
We focus on good software principles. SOLID, Ports & Adapters, Clean Code, TDD, and Domain Driven Design guide our delivery. We are focused on cloud based and distributed architectures, using Event Sourcing, Event Driven, and Restful APIs.
It is the people you work with here that make the real difference. You will learn and grow your skills, and contribute to the growing success of our business in all areas. We are an approachable team, with a fast paced, no blame culture, with many years of expertise and knowledge in a wide range of domains.Requirements
- Java 8 or higher
- Clean code and understand principles of OO
- Created or worked on APIs using HTTP
- Distributed and/or microservice architectures
- Message architectures like AMQP, JMS, SNS, SQS
- DevOps philosophy. You write it, you parent it in the wild
- Desire to be agile, practical, pragmatic, and lean.
- Able to work in a team and as a individual contributor.
Research tells us that some candidates are put off from applying because they cannot tick every box. If you think you can help, and you really want to join our growing and exciting business you should apply, even if you are not a complete match with the above. Feel free to contact us about any questions with no obligation.Benefits
- Private medical cover with Vitality
- Training and education through LinkedIn learning and Plurasigh
- Travel season ticket loan
- Flexible working approaches. Remote, work from home, flexible start/end times
- Fruit, breakfast, and drinks provided
- Social events through the year
- Access to selected London O2 events and use of a Private Lounge.