An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SC Cleared Redhat/ Linux / Unix engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Chorley Lancashire.
As a Redhat/Linux /Unix engineer you will join our clients team resolving engineering problems and incidents to make sure our clients customers' get the return they need on their technology investments.
As a Redhat/ Linux/ Unix engineer:
• You will provide first and second level technical support on incidents and problems
• Provide one-touch resolution for all types of incident and levels of severity
escalating where necessary
• Monitor overall system performance and ensure smooth system functionality
• Create and maintain documentation - and use it.
• Work to ITIL best practices
• Implement standards, policies and procedures for continual service improvement
• Automate and improve everything you can. Look for root causes and fix them
• Share your knowledge and learn from others
• Proactively look for risks and problems and make sure they get fixed
• Assist to build compliance with process and policies
As a Linux/Redhat/ Unix engineer:
• You're enthusiastic and get on with things
• You work with a 'can-do' attitude
• You love to learn new skills and take on new challenges
• You listen to customers and want the get it right for them
• You'd rather stop things go wrong than fight fires
• You'll look for innovative ways to overcome hurdles and tenaciously pursue them
• You share what you know and love to work in a fast paced, multi skilled team
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You've good analytical and troubleshooting skills with an eye for detail
• You take responsibility and can run with issues with minimal supervision.
• You quickly adapt and are comfortable with working on multiple projects at a time,
as part of a team or alone
As a Unix engineer you will have the following skills & experience:
Foundation in or in-depth knowledge of;
• Implementation and support of RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7
• CentOS 6/7
• RedHat Satellite
• Patching and scripting
• Implementation and support of RedHat OpenStack
N.B applicants ideally will have current SC clearance or be prepared to undergo clearance but must have a full British passport.
So if you are a Unix Engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!