Job Title: Systems Engineer
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Frimley or Weymouth
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as an Engineering Technical Specialist. This role will ideally be based in either Frimley or Weymouth but Bristol and Portsmouth will be considered depending on experience.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy's surface fleet.
The Complex Systems and Support team predominantly supply to the UK MoD but with smaller derivative work done in support of international Customers. The team is responsible for system design, build and/or procurement of the major electronic and mechanical systems on a submarine, as well as provision of test, integration and support services.
You will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in‑service and future submarines. You will work within a team of other engineers and technical specialists to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day identification and appropriate resolution of technical issues throughout the product lifecycle, helping us to support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation's defence.
· Supporting your team to ensure that the technical requirements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified, documented and managed, so we can demonstrate that our work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
· Ensuring that design proving evidence is comprehensive and has been endorsed by the appropriate level of authority to support technical and business milestones.
· Supporting the definition and associated acceptance criteria of your project through design, build, integration, installation and commissioning activities.
· Providing technical support to shipbuilder installation and/or integration activities (included in-service refitting authorities). You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist technical advice as required.
· Relocation package available
· Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
· Overtime available
· Flexible working
· 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
· Bonus based on company performance
· Shared Incentive Plan
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
· Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
· Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
· Understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work.
· Recognition of the need to apply relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
· You will be self-motivated and proactive individual with the ability to absorb knowledge from technical experts in order to develop your own skills.
· You will also possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge and experience of requirements management processes and tools, such as DOORS.
· Understanding and knowledge of validation & verification, or test and acceptance activities and processes.
· Understanding of system design techniques such as Object Oriented Analysis/ Design, Model-Based Systems Engineering.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team...
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs