At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centred on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
The Environment & Sustainability team's mission and passion is to advance global sustainability. We believe that environmental health and safety around the world are a 21st century safety challenge and through our work we aim to bring positive change. We test & certify products to meet our health and sustainability standards. World's leading businesses come to us to support their transition to more circular approaches and carbon management. We develop software platforms that help our clients track and measure environmental, supply chain, health, and safety management and sustainability data.
As our global footprint continues to grow we are looking to hire a Technical Implementation Specialist, in this exciting role you will work as part of a team to support and configure our 360 Software for our customers. This role will be responsible for leading configuration projects as well as serving as a subject matter expert on modules within the software. This role will usually focus on the more technical elements of the implementation which will require knowledge of SQL and authoring of data collection forms using XML and these projects currently often relate to areas of incident / risk / waste management, community initiatives, scope 3 emissions and/or supply chain management.
What you'll learn & achieve:
•Serve as a subject matter expert of product implementation in one or more areas of the product offerings
•Assess client's needs and requirements and advise client on best practice or common approach
•Identify solution options based on client requirements and author specification documentation
•Serve in a Mentor role to other Configuration Specialists on projects helping educate them on system functionality and subject matter
•Provide system implementation documentation for handover to our Support teams
•Configure the system as per specification or requirements using the system user interface and via XML/SQL scripts
•Liaison with Product Management for advanced configuration and development of the system
•Work with technical teams to resolve system and configuration issues.
•Lead customer meetings and calls as and when required in support of larger implementation project, ensuring a professional image at all times
•Provide assistance and advice to existing clients including e.g. report generation at critical times of the year
•Advise and assist the client in maintaining and enhancing their implemented solution
•Serve as configuration workstream lead on complex implementation projects
•Provide support, guidance and coaching to more junior team members on projects helping educate them on system functionality
•Provide training to clients on implemented functionality
•Draft training documentation both generically for the system and for client-specific purposes.
What makes you a great fit:
•Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
•Proven experience working with relational databases or technical experience is required (in particular SQL & XML), PLSQL is desirable
•Skilled working in a customer facing role with a private sector company
•High level of numeracy
•Strong working knowledge of Excel
•Familiarity with web based applications and software implementation/configuration
•Ability to learn new software applications rapidly
•Ability and experience of working on multiple projects concurrently
•Knowledge of relational databases or technical expertise is desirable (e.g. SQL, XML)
•The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
•Fluent English is essential and additional languages beneficial (e.g. German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese)
•Background or proven keen interest in EHS/Sustainability (e.g. Incident reporting, Risk management, Waste management, Community initiatives such as LBG, Scope3 Emissions) and / or Supply Chain is highly desirable
What you'll experience working at UL:
• Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
• People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
• Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
• Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
• Total Rewards: Competitive Remuneration, annual bonus, flexible working arrangements and home office options, annual paid leave, etc plus a strong commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts. All employees receive 2 Volunteer Days off per year to spend participating in an array of volunteer activities.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com and our E&S division website https://www.ul.com/sustainability
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Our Talent Acquisition team can provide further information and support reasonable adjustments that a person may require during the interview process. You can read more about our commitment to supporting a diverse and inclusive environment here: https://www.ul.com/about/diversity or contact our Talent Acquisition team regarding specific needs here: firstname.lastname@example.org