Purchase Ledger Assistant - TemporaryDepartment/Location:
Office based in Bridgwater/Home working during lockdown Reports to:
Financial ControllerStaff Responsibilities:
N/aHours of work:
9am to 3pm - Monday to Friday (30 hours) Summary of Position
This role is primarily concerned with controlling and maintaining all aspects of the Vapormatt Purchase Ledger.
To ensure that all supplier invoices and employee expense claims are appropriately authorised and correctly recorded on Sage, ready for payment in accordance with agreed terms.
Be responsible for maintaining the Purchase Ledger as an accurate and complete record of all expenses that have been incurred by the company and reflects its current liability to its suppliers.
The duties associated with this role are not limited to those listed below and may also not extend to include all those listed below; the scope will be dependent on the capability of the applicant or circumstance of the department and as such the job role may be subject to change.
It should be understood that this position requires handling information of a sensitive and often personal nature. All sensitive information (including all information that could potentially be deemed 'sensitive') is to be kept confidential and not disclosed to any individual who is not a member of the Accounts Department (within the confines of the Data Protection Act, 1998) unless otherwise instructed.Primary ResponsibilitiesInvoice Processing:
- Match and check purchase invoices to goods received notes or purchase orders
- Obtain authorisation for invoices not linked to a purchase order
- Identify queries and liaise with suppliers or internal departments for resolution
- Input invoices onto Sage 200 ensuring that the coding and processing is accurate and complies with company requirements and current legislation
- Generate payment runs from Sage and check they are correct prior to submitting for authorisation
- Set up Supplier accounts on Sage in accordance with company processes
- Ensure supplier account details are accurate
- Reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis ensuring that all discrepancies are resolved quickly
- Download employee expense claims from EWA (online system)
- Reconcile receipts to expense claims and ensure VAT calculations are accurate
- Input expense claims onto Sage and ensure payments are ready for processing
- Download Barclaycard statements and issue to all cardholders on a monthly basis
- Once authorised, reconcile receipts to statements and ensure VAT calculations are accurate
- Input transactions onto Sage
Providing cover within the Finance department as required Note:
- General accounts filing
- Distribution of daily post
- Answer incoming telephone calls including overflow calls from Reception
This job profile is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process.Personal SpecificationQualifications & Training
- Essential: Educated to GCSE level - must have GCSE Maths at Grade C level or above. Good knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel.
- Desirable: AAT
Qualities and Attitude
- Essential: Proven experience of invoice processing in an accounts environment. Previous experience of SAGE Accounts system. Sound understanding of ledger procedures.
- Desirable: Previous experience of SAGE 200.
- Essential: Ability to positively participate in a team environment. Proactive approach to internal and external customer service.
- Desirable: Ability to work to, and sometimes implement, processes.
- Strong personal organisational skills
- Problem-solving approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Effective communicator, on phone, in writing and in person
- Logical and Solution focused
- Highly numerate and data rationale