We're The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people.
We're the UK's largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we've been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we've consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes - going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we've never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We've continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak - and we've done it by transforming the way we work.
We're fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We'll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.About The Role.
As a Content Developer, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of the onsite commercial objectives of the business through front-end web development. Working within Retail, you will liaise with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment to provide customers with an enjoyable, easy shopping experience. Throughout this you will be supported by more experienced Content Developers, Senior Content Developers and the Content Team Manager who will provide direction, coaching and mentoring so that you can deliver successfully and improve both your technical and soft skills.Key Responsibilities
- Working with other Developers within the team, Marketing Executives, Financial Services Managers &Creative Designers to support the delivery and maintenance of the planned site updates.
- Supporting the Senior Content Developers and Content Manager in delivering key strategic events.
- Updating templates/coding snippets/Fuse guidelines.
- Delivering high quality & simple shopping experiences for our customers using the branded guidelines set by the Customer Experience team.
- Company networking, introduce yourself to other teams across
- Taking ownership of code quality and ensuring a continuous cycle of improvement.
In order to hit the ground running in this role we expect that you are
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience.
- Intermediate HTML/CSS skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Confident communication skills
- Time management
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Awareness of the agile working method and familiarity with all stages involved.
- Proficiency with collaboration and project management tools Trello, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Teams
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working culture
- Onsite gym
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing,footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Bonus Potential (company & personal performance-related)
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you're a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.