What is the role:
We are looking for a Laravel PHP Developer on a contract or permanent basis to join our friendly and talented team on an initial contractor basis with the potential to go permanent.
You will be tackling interesting challenges for a diverse range of clients to deliver the quality and robust solutions using open-source web technology.
You will be able to effectively devise and communicate ideas and solutions, both with our team and clients, where you will demonstrate your passion for delivering great user experiences.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work. Where is it based?
Initially the role will be remote working, thereafter the role will be based in Elstree, Hertfordshire. What you will do
What are we looking for?
- Attend client meetings to gather briefs and to communicate ideas
- Design and implement innovative and robust technical solutions
- Help coach and mentor our team of talented developers
- Ensure ongoing quality of delivered work through code reviews
- Help establish best practice and set standards for modern web development across the organisation
We're looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Laravel (we are Laravel partners)
- Good knowledge of object oriented coding and SOLID principles
- Working with a PHP MVC framework
- Integrating with 3rd parties via APIs
- Implementing test-driven development practices
- Managing source control using Git
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Collaborating with other team members (developers, designers, marketers, etc)
- Good writing and communication skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with clients
- Experience mentoring and coaching other developers
- AWS stack
- Knowledge of PHP-based CMS' such as Drupal or Silverstripe
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
Sound good? How to apply...
Simply send us a short email/message telling us why you'd be a great fit for this role, and a link to your CV and if you have one, your portfolio along with your expected salary expectations.
What are the next steps?
- We'll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
We looking forward to hearing from you