We're on the look-out for an experienced Senior React Developer to work on various applications and sites for our external clients and Luxus-owned products in Chiswick, London. The Senior Developer will work in close collaboration with other Developers, Digital Managers, Designers, and client stakeholders. Internally, the Senior Developer is a member of Development competence team with support from other Developers and a Competence Lead.
The Senior Developer plays a crucial part in our web and software development projects and the tasks and responsibilities are versatile from new feature development to bug fixes. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate has the ability to work with tight deadlines, has a solid track record of success in similar kind of positions and is a proactive team-player with good communications skills.About Luxus
Established in 2001, Luxus was one of the first purely digital agencies. Over the past 20 years we have built lasting relationships with some of the world's leading brands and have grown into a global agency in 7 countries across 4 continents.
The Luxus team operates effectively at the intersection between design, technology and marketing. From fully outsourcing web operations, advanced marketing optimisation and scalable CRM programmes to bespoke application design, campaign creation, and social media management, we are experts across the full digital system.Requirements
- Experience with React and Redux.
- Fluency in TypeScript.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- The right to work in the European Union.
- Maintain a good standard of coding and adhere to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Leave code better than you found it (and fully commented).
- Test your code, be it client or server-side.
- Be willing to take ownership of projects and to present your proposed solutions to the wider team to non-technical staff.
- Luxus developers tend to work in a DevOps capacity and you will be expected to reach a degree of competency in maintaining your own development server and migrating work in progress to UAT/testing servers.
- Ability to perform effectively to tight deadlines, work well both independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive attitude to problem-solving and an understanding of the role of development in a creative environment.
- Be willing to work in a research capacity - to find and test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies.
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Mentor junior developers and ensure they become good team members with good communication and that they follow code standards.
- Effectively conduct meetings and code reviews and mentor developers.
- Conduct staff reviews and daily scrums.
- Ensure staff are tracking their time correctly and following employee guidelines.
- Candidates must live in the UK.
In addition to the requirements we value
- Experience of working as a Senior or Fullstack Developer.
- React experience.
- Knowledge with Node.js, Express.
- Knowledge with Gatsby, Next.js or other React frameworks.
- Experience with GitLab and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with headless CMS such as Contentful.
- Familiarity with the principles of Agile software development.
- Good experience of parsing data formats such as XML/JSON and using 3rd party API's.
- Robust experience with Databases or Key-Value stores (MySQL / Maria DB / MongoDB) including command line usage.
- Relevant educational background (such as Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science).
- Experience working with Adobe AEM, Sharepoint or similar enterprise level platforms.
- Consultancy experience.
- Frontend development (mainly with React, TypeScript or the tools and frameworks of your choice).
- Backend development (mainly with with Node.js, Contentful, Express, Azure Functions).
- New feature development (a single feature to existing applications or completely new services and apps).
- Incremental software development.
- Bug fixing.
The Luxus London office is a small but growing team with an enviable list of enterprise-level clients. You will be coming on board at a great time - while we have well-established processes and structure, we are also small enough that your presence will make a real difference to the future of our development offering.
- You'll be a valued part of a friendly, creative, multi-disciplined team.
- Modern, custom-designed offices in a pleasant part of London.
- Generous holiday allowances, plus a free day on your birthday.
- Flexible working environment, with the freedom to work from home some of the time.
- Generous health and life cover package for UK based employees.
Could you be the one we are looking for? Please, apply already today!