Director of Financial Control - focus on Inventory/Retail£105k plus package
Refreshing is working with a global leading, COVID proof, household brand which is universally recognised and highly respected in the luxury retail space.
We are looking to bring in the Director of Financial Control, who will focus on management of the general ledger around Inventory. This is a new role in the UK, having previously been based in Europe. The role directly reports to the VP Controller EMEA.
We are looking for a confident, proactive person with gravitas who is self-motivated with excellent technical knowledge, and is a strong manager. The position requires a strong foundation in financial control, so we are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with 8+ years of experience.
This position is concerned with the Inventory side of the General Ledger so we would welcome applications from those with retail experience. Responsibilities Include:
Who we're looking for:
- Lead the Inventory Accounting and Inventory Control teams, managing a team of 12.
- Support the VP Controller, EMEA as a key member of Finance leadership team.
- Motivate, coach and set targets and objectives for the team, recruit, develop and promote talent
- Partner with the Inventory Accounting team to ensure a smooth knowledge transfer and stabilization of processes post transition
- Supervise, monitor and review monthly closing activities and internal controls performed by the teams
- Coordination, preparation and review of the various COGS forecast inputs and reporting schedules (P&L and BS) prepared by the team
- Partner with FP&A, Inventory Management, and Retail and Wholesale Planning teams to coordinate the preparation and review of the forecast and actualization of the NRV inventory reserve.
- Oversee Retail Inventory Control team including coordination of all stock takes in stores across the region with external provider and external auditors
- Manage the monitoring and resolution of inventory discrepancies between systems
- Key point of contact for external and internal auditors for US GAAP, statutory, SOX controls audits.
- SOX process owner for all inventory controls; ensure completeness, accuracy and supporting documents are adequate and comply with US GAAP, statutory, SOX requirements and policies
- Partner with General Ledger team to manage US GAAP to Local GAAP adjustments and Statutory financial statements preparation including inputs for key estimates impacting statutory financial statements across all entities (NRV, markdowns, returns, shrinkage, etc.)
- Manage ad-hoc assignments and special projects as required
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of proven experience in audit and accounting in dynamic multinational environment
- CPA / ACCA qualified
- Previous leadership experience and management of teams
- Knowledge of internal controls, US GAAP
- Retail or multi-unit industries experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, SAP a strong asset
- Solid understanding of inventory sub-ledger and general ledger applications
- Experience with preparation and audit of statutory financial statements
- Proven leader with the capacity to inspire a team
- Self-motivated with strong desire to develop professionally
- A "one team" mindset with excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with business partners
- Strong project management skills and ability to propose solutions and solve problems
- Value add strategic thinking and recommendations to drive decisions
- Excellent communication and strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Results orientated, flexible, resourceful with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables
- Advanced analytical skills, "out of the box" thinking to logically question and proactively flag potential issues
- Experienced in driving improvements and change within a complex finance function
- Strong time-management skills, ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, to deliver under pressure in a complex/matrix-type environment
- Strong customer service to the business, "can-do" attitude
- Detail oriented and experienced in follow through and completion of projects
There is ample opportunity to develop your career with this world-leading business. Apply asap - we consider all applications carefully.