Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.About The Role
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will be working with application developers to deliver test case implementation solutions, which can run independently of any dependencies and enable our teams to deliver faster. You will work with the Product Owners and the BAs to help identify functional and non-functional product specifications and work with the team to meet the Definition of Done (DoD). Identifying failure scenarios and documentation of Non-Functional Requirements is a key part of the role. The tests you write will verify the contracts using Pact.io. For API testing automation you will use frameworks like RESTAssured and Wiremock.About You
We would like you to have a background in championing the quality of features in development pipelines using both automated tests, reporting and verifying defects and signing-off on features and releases. In addition you will have great communication and organisational skills, a motivation to achieve results, eager to learn and, of course, a passion for innovation. We'd love to have you join us and test the systems, services and apps that delight our clients and enable our teams to deliver faster.RequirementsIdeally you will have...
If you also have experience with any of the following, we'd love to hear from you...
- Hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
- Experience with creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
- A good understanding of microservices
- Working examples of how the products you have delivered have achieved incremental improvements in performance.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Used high-quality automation to solve test problems
- Software QA automation experience working with Java
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Experience using GIT and Jenkins
- Good understanding of BDD
- Experience of using Cucumber
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
Our Software Development Engineers are expected to be part of our on-call team to support 24/7 live service for our clients. A highly competitive on-call package is in place to compensate you for this.Benefits
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Bank/Public Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Health Care via AXA PPP, with the option to add your family
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subscription to Headspace
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Enhanced parental policies, dependent on tenure
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
More About 10x
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia providing our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries - proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach Transformation, Integrity
Learn more at www.10xbanking.com
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x - we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
As part of the application process we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your personal attributes for the purposes of reporting and monitoring only. The capture of this information will not influence the hiring process but will help us monitor progress against our diversity and inclusion ambitions.