The Rank Group is growing rapidly within both our Venues and Digital businesses. If you're not sure who we are, you may be more familiar with us through our iconic brands; Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casino. We have most recently acquired Stride Gaming, which, together with our existing Digital business, forms Rank Interactive. We employ circa 8,000 people globally, with our UK office functions being located in Maidenhead (Head Office), Sheffield (Customer Solutions Hub), London (Digital) and a further office in Gibraltar, which is home to our existing Rank Digital function. We are evolving as a business and are adding some exciting new brands and concepts to our venues and digital offering. By joining an office-based or operational function with us, you'll instantly be part of a high-performing and inclusive culture, which works closely to support our Customer-facing teams.The Role:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the daily work activities of the payroll team by assigning, organising and prioritising as required.
- Make recommendations to the Head of Payroll and assist in developing and implementing new and/or revised policies/procedures/controls to ensure efficient processing of the company's payrolls.
- Awareness of changes to current payroll legislation in order to advise the business on necessary changes, ensuring on-going compliance
- Responsible for submission of all year-end returns to HMRC including P60's and P11D.
- Accurately prepare the P11D data for submission.
- Ensure RTI submissions are accurate and timely.
- Work closely with the Head of Payroll and assist with internal and external auditors during audit process by providing documents, reports and other payroll-related matter upon request, and to implement procedural changes as recommended by auditors.
- Responsibility for the end to end processing of one or more of the Company's payrolls.
- Ensure payroll journals are sent to the finance department in a timely manner and to understand the importance of providing accurate data for costing purposes.
- Provide ad-hoc information/reports to Management as required.
- Respond effectively to correspondence received from employees and third parties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To work in conjunction with the Head of HR Systems to develop, test and implement system upgrades and/or enhancements
- Provide ad-hoc support and assistance to the Head of Payroll as required.
- To communicate with staff at all levels.
- Deal promptly and efficiently with day to day queries in a way that projects a professional image both internally and externally.
- To play an active part as a member of the Payroll team contributing to the overall aims of the department with emphasis on continuous improvement and enhancement of the function.
- Maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and specifically with other members of the Payroll team & Finance team, HR Department, Operational Management and Supervision, and employees in general with regard to matters concerning pay.
- Responsible for the management of the central payroll mailbox, creating SLAs and ensuring the response times are met each period.
- Experience of managing numerous payrolls for a large business.
- Team management skills and experience running a team.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation.
- Experience of working with various payroll software
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to identify and action process improvements.
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel).
- Good attention to detail
To be successful within this role you will be CIPP qualified or ideally undertaking this or other payroll qualifications. You will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong IT skills and experience of working on cloud based software, ideally CoreHR.