The ideal candidate will be fully ACA/ACCA qualified, with previous experience in Practice who wishes to pursue a successful career within the company.
You will be managing a portfolio of clients across a range of industries and will be responsible for liaising between them and Companies House, HMRC and other third party entities. Responsibilities within this role include:
· Preparing year end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
· Preparing tax computations.
· Liaising with Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs on client's behalf.
· Preparing and submitting VAT returns.
· Preparing and submitting payrolls.
· Helping with Self Assessment Tax Returns
· Preparing Rental Schedules
· Updating online Accounting Platforms
· Liaising with clients both face to face and over the phone
You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, a keen eye for detail and the confidence to build and develop relationships with clients. The candidate should be approachable and happy to work in a team and independently. They must be super organised, commercially aware and have an appetite to succeed and help the business grow.
Experience of using platforms such as Xero, IRIS for Accounts and IRIS payroll, HMRC Tools.
In addition to the above the candidate should also have the following characteristics:
Positive attitude towards work, clients and colleagues
Driven, motivated and ambitious
Passionate about the industry
A good level of confidence
Willing to go above and beyond their normal duties of work
Willing to get involved in all areas even if this isn't on their job spec
Eager to see the firm grow and do well
No flat personalities - our clients like to know who they are working with and we spend a lot of time on developing a good relationship with them. They need to be able to relate to the individual or more than a tax/accounting level.
The candidate can make this role what they want it to be, we don't work on job titles or hierarchies. There is a lot of potential for growth if you are the right fit.