Are you a Network Engineer looking to a new challenge? Do you enjoy or want to work in a more project focussed position?
If the answer to those questions are yes and you're happy to work in Bristol once a week or fortnight, this could be the opportunity for you.
The position will be 100% remote short term, and when it's safe to do so they are happy for the position to be up to 90% remote.
My client is looking to hire a Network Engineer who will participate in the implementation of new solutions, expansions, migrations and removal of existing systems and provide professional support and knowledge of my clients systems to internal business units and clients.
The position will be 70% project-based & 30% BAU. A couple of the projects they have planned for 2021 are:
- DC Refresh (moving from Nexus 7K's to 9K switches)
- A large Cisco ISE project
Here is a snapshot of the technologies you would be working with:
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco ISE
- Network Automation (Python/K8s)
- Solarwinds & Splunk
- VOIP Technologies
You will be expected to have most of the following knowledge & experience (if you're experience is with other vendors that's not an issue):
- Understanding of data networking technologies principally TCP/IP based and the associated infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of Cisco IOS, NX-OS and associated devices
- Solid understanding of routing protocols - such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF
- Administrative experience of Cisco ASA security appliances and NGFW
- Good understanding of QoS and VOIP technologies
- Experience of 3rd party products used to provide monitoring and management of the network and associated devices.
- Broad understanding of Network security technology, principles, practices.
Any of the following would be desirable:
- CCNP or alternative vendor equivalent
- Experience of Cisco ISE
- Experience of Data Centre Design
- Experience of IPS/IDS
- Use of applications such as Solarwinds and Splunk for network monitoring and logging
- Network Automation experience (Python or other scripting experience such as K8s/Docker)
This is an excellent opportunity if you're looking to move into a position where you will be pushed technically and have the opportunity to work on large projects in a complex environment.
To find out more, send in a copy of your CV to arrange a confidential conversation.