Astun Technology is looking for a talented individual to take on the role of Test and Support Analyst. Combining a keen eye for detail and passion for customer satisfaction, you will be the business and technical lead on software testing & release management, and roll out to customer's installations.
Ideally you will be passionate about Open Source geospatial technology and relish the opportunity to use your expertise to ensure Astun releases working software regularly with a firm grip on bug, defects and functional requirements.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we'd like to meet you.
When not testing and managing customer support issues you will lead the release process ensuring we have a robust implementation process with test plans and regression strategies. There will also be some input into customer subscription administration.
You will be able to work remotely from anywhere in the UK. Occasional travel within the UK can be expected.Technical expertise (in order of preference)
We are looking for candidates with a good knowledge of testing methodologies, release processes and support models.
Some of things you'll be responsible for include:
- Identify defects, troubleshoot and move to resolution
- Identify, define and execute required tests, producing easy to understand test cases and test scripts and providing a full audit of testing undertaken
- Analyse requirements and design documents to develop test scenarios
- Support the delivery of new software by reporting requirements to the business
- Manage defects with customers and internal stakeholders
- Define, Gather and manage the test data to support test cases for both functional (user stories) and non-functional requirements (NFR)
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage the release process ensuring customers are kept informed with progress and timings
- Be instrumental in the triaging of issues through the service desk
In addition we'd like you to:
- Have good knowledge of testing tools and processes
- Have experience creating and maintaining test data, tools, and scripts
- Have great interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Enjoy working with customers
- Have full project lifecycle experience including requirements analysis, design, estimation, development, test and technical project management
- Be commercially astute and excellent at scope management
- Be willing to learn new things!
You will join a varied and experienced team of experts at the UK's leading open source GIS consultancy.
Astun prides itself on its empowering, supportive, friendly and flexible culture which offers opportunities to develop and learn new skills.
In addition to a competitive salary between £25,000 and £45,000, company pension, annual bonus and up to 25 days holiday per year.
Astun is a member of the Equality Register and as such an Equal Opportunity employer.Additional information
You will work remotely from home or suitable coworking space. Occasional travel to client sites and conference events anywhere in the UK may be required, including where appropriate, overnight stays.
In addition Astun 'company hacks' are held over several days midweek between three and four times per year, where colleagues meet at venues across the UK to collaborate on work projects and socialise informally in the evening. A valid UK driving license is not essential, but would be beneficial.
The role is intended as a full time post, with flexible working hours. However consideration will be given to applicants interested in a part time role.
All employees are BPSS checked on commencement of employment.Application details
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with 3 reasons why you would be perfect for this position. If you already have contacts who work at Astun, please still apply via the jobs@ address to ensure that all applications are treated equally, fairly and in line with our recruitment policies.This is a direct appointment - NO AGENCIES PLEASE