Data Scientist Location:
North C. London - Camden Town with a flexible working policySalary:
35,000p.a - £50,000p.a (DOE) Do you want to change the world with Data? Data is our universe. Finding it. Playing with it. Working with it. What you'll do:
We are looking for a Data Scientist with practical experience from training or university or with a year or two in the workplace to join our fast-growing Data and Technology team. We harmonise anonymised consumer transaction data and create products for investment professional and corporate clients. We do lots of feature development and our clients use the features to understand the performance of listed companies. Our products give real time insight on market share, consumer switching and online / store sales. We use Python, JIRA, C# and SQL in Azure.
The role will be performed remotely until we are able to return to a London office. Our flexible working policy supports our team, whether working remotely or from the office. What you're responsible for:
Your Ownership areas:
- Effectively manage projects, tasks and stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief
- Monitoring the quality of the daily inbound and outbound feeds to check volume, value and breadth of merchants in the transactional data
- Refining and updating our curated consumer panels and running our revenue and billing pipeline
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure sound knowledge of end client objectives to inform feature and product development
- Pushing new features into our UI to make our products accessible to wide range of client and internal user personas.
- Developing the training sets that drive our merchant classification models and evolving the models to keep improving their performance.
- Networking and learning: Meet ups, desk research and conferences
- Code source control for development and production code with comments and notes on why and how a version has been incremented
- Before: Write project briefs with clear output objectives, technical approach and timing plan
- During: Regular QA, tracking vs tasks on timing plan and progress summary for internal stakeholders
- After: 'How-to' documents on our data science pipeline for technical audience, with exec summary for non-technical audience
Skills you'll have:Essential
- Maintenance and evolution of product features such as channel flag, merchant location and our curated consumer panels
- Responding to client requests during pre and post sales on how we've built and updated our features and products
- A good grounding in Python, with knowledge of various packages including sklearn, numpy, Tensorflow and Matplotlib
- Experience with developing production code along with an understanding of source control via Git
Who you are:
- Basic SQL skills
- Experience developing multi-class classification models
- Knowledge of the retail environment in France, Germany, Spain and Italy and a major European language would be desirable, but not essential
- Experience working with consumer data, banking data and stock and shares will help
You are interested in consumer behaviour and economics. You are determined to write code that will make it to production. Our clients scrutinise the data that we deliver and you will have strong attention to detail. Your work will feature frequently in the media and you'll take pride in the real world impact you will create.About Fable:
Fable Data is a leading alternative data company, delivering consumer spend data and analytics products to the global investor community, corporate and government clients. Fable has pioneered this business model in Europe and is supplying data to some of the world's largest hedge funds, HM Treasury, the FT, and FTSE 100 decision makers. Although we are a young business, we are a team of highly experienced ex-corporate and city leaders, building an ever-expanding client list and product portfolio.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays
Our culture at Fable is all about being Responsible, aiming for Excellence by being Nurturing. Visit our "Join us" section on our website to see how we expand on these core values and to find if out more about us.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in the UK