We are looking for an Account Director with solid understanding, experience and interest in the finance and corporate sectors, to join our team and lead clients in this space.About the role
As an Account Director you are a senior member of Stand team, tasked not just with running your accounts but in helping to shape the growth, development and impact of the agency. You are a cultural ambassador for Stand and lead by example.
You have a strong grasp of our Believe in Better positioning and are excited about its potential. You draw on it regularly when talking to the team, clients and prospects.
You have a strong understanding of the financial services and corporate space and are curious and informed with the latest developments and news and social agenda. You use this knowledge and interest to develop strong, strategic ideas for clients that get results.
You take full responsibility for your clients, accounts, campaigns and teams, and regularly exceed client expectations. You set and agree strategies, future-proof plans, and have the trust of your clients. You are solutions-focused and come to the Directors and MD with ideas, insights and solutions.
You are comfortable in giving strategic advice to clients.
You are a confident, assured communicator with the skills and ability to lead and inspire others. You can present ideas, written and verbal, in a clear and persuasive way. Clients turn to you for strategic counsel and they trust your guidance.
You have a strong commercial eye, run profitable accounts, and spot opportunities to grow your portfolio. You have outstanding media, social media, digital, writing and communication skills and you enjoy training others in the agency.
You nurture Stand's team, and they respect you. You get the best out of people and develop talent across the agency. They feel comfortable to ask you any question, however small, and they know they can count on 100% for support and guidance.
Whilst no job outline can capture exactly what you will bring to the role, or how you will do it, this job description sets out our expectations and aims to help you do your job confidently. You can use this description with your line manager to set targets, and it forms the basis for your learning and development programme. It also tells you what you need to do to progress towards Senior Account Director level.Leadership:
- You form a key part of Stand's senior team - living our values and sharing our vision
- You sit on the Management Team and have a role in decision making
- You know when to ask for guidance and support from the senior team
- You build and manage brilliant, empowered, inspired and efficient teams who are doing great work. You celebrate team achievements with the rest of the agency
- You nurture and develop the skills of the teams you manage, taking responsibility for the positive development of the wider agency too
- You make sure teams have the right people with the right skills to deliver results
- You are an adept problem-solver and come to the senior team with solutions
- You put commercial sense at the heart of your thinking, and spread your commercial awareness to your teams and the wider agency
- You naturally take a multi-disciplined and integrated approach to your clients' communications problems
- You understand how to effectively evaluate and prove the value of our work
- You encourage, inspire and motivate your direct reports. You gather formal and informal feedback to help them grow and develop. You ensure team leaders understand the objectives you have set and look for opportunities to help meet them. You ensure line managees have a PDP plan and act as a source of advice and support
- You are responsible, with the Directors, for identifying and bringing in new business leads (especially in the financial services and corporate sectors)
- You are a key member in any pitch team, and are a polished presenter
- You can develop impressive new business proposals efficiently, knowing when to draw on others. You are confident at selling your ideas
- You are entrepreneurial in your approach to business development, seeking out opportunities with new and existing clients
- You understand profitability and are quick to spot and address negative trends
- You nurture a wider network of contacts (especially in the financial services and corporate sectors), drawing on this to generate leads
Media and Digital Skills:
- You have overall responsibility for your client relationships and meeting KPIs and expectations
- You anticipate your clients' needs, staying one step ahead of them and the media / social media agenda, helping ensure they remain loyal to Stand
- Your teams deliver excellent results, and you are trusted by your clients at a senior level
- You look for opportunities to grow accounts and put client satisfaction at the heart of everything you do
- You build strong client relationships and are trusted to offer strategic consultancy
- You plan impactful campaigns, and run strategic brainstorms and workshops, putting your sector knowledge to best use
- You are one step ahead of clients, addressing where things may impact results or profitability, solving these problems yourself or involving directors where appropriate. You know how to spot an emerging situation and when to escalate it
Living our Values:
- You have excellent media relations skills, which you work hard to instil in your teams and the wider agency
- You are constantly looking for inspiration and ideas from the sector and know what excellence looks like
- You understand the value of media and social media for clients in the financial services and corporate sectors
- You work with teams and use the skills of the agency to develop strong proposals
- You oversee your team in delivering exceptional media results
- You add value to media materials
- You find solutions for stories that don't land first time
- You advise clients on digital strategy and create creative campaign tactics that fly on social media
- You understand the bigger digital and social picture, and take a strategic view on where and how to incorporate digital elements into your campaigns
- Your campaigns run on time, on budget, on strategy and on target
- You actively look for opportunities to offer integrated and digital projects to new and existing clients
You live our values and encourage others to do the same. As an Account Director, this means:
Our benefits include
- Providing valuable, strategic advice and ideas to clients, delivered confidently and with gravitas
- Taking responsibility for happy clients and great results. Where this doesn't happen, for whatever reason, you manage the situation, actively learn from it, and share what didn't work
- Bringing a can-do mindset to work, and inspire enthusiasm in others
- Demonstrating an always-learning mindset, open to exploring new skills and experiences
- Having an active radar for ways we could be doing things better
- Individual Learning and Development budget of £1000
- Employee Assistance Programme to support your mental wellbeing
- £250 Annual Wellness Bounty for each person
- A day off for your birthday
- 2.5 days off every year for volunteer work
- A day off every year for a creative perk
- A sabbatical after three years of service
At Stand we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and doing our part to better the industries and communities we are a part of. We welcome applicants from all individuals.
Application deadline: Monday 1st March 2021
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
LinkedIn Easy Apply applications are not considered.