Group Financial AnalystLondon£ Competitive
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most valued clients who are a technology industry leader in their field, in the recruitment of a Group Financial Analyst to be based from their London Head Offices
This role will be a mixture of office based (COVID secure) and remote working Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Assist in preparation of internal and external financial reports, monthly Board reports and other ad hoc analysis for Senior Management.
- Using Hyperion and COGNOS on a daily basis
- Analysis of the reported results of the group's subsidiaries to ensure integrity and understanding.
- Hold monthly calls with the Finance Director of each subsidiary to understand the performance and any financial accounting or system issues
- Review the Group's annual budget and long-term planning submissions, as well as monthly forecasts.
- Prepare the monthly board pack for the EMEA Board of Directors with analysis of performance of the group's subsidiaries, highlighting any key risks or issues.
- Prepare monthly report of subsidiaries forecasts, and weekly forecast updates, including analysis of significant variances to budget or prior forecasts.
- Prepare flash revenue report, investigating any significant variances with the subsidiary finance teams.
- Support with IFRS 15, IFRS 16 leases and IFRS 9 financial instruments
- Become the key contact for the allocated subsidiaries, for accounting or other reporting systems questions.
- Provide support for the research, evaluation and reporting of technical accounting issues so that the Group meets all reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of working papers for the audit team and liaise with them concerning technical or audit issues
- Ideal candidates will be ACA qualified similar international accounting qualification, with relevant commercial experience
- Candidates who are from a 'Big4' background would be highly desirable
- Candidates will have previous experience of Hyperion and COGNOS with the ability to develop complex reports to support analysis
- Previous experience of IFRS, particularly: IFRS15 for SaaS business, good understanding of IFRS16 Leases, IFRS 9 Financial Instruments concepts would be highly advantageous
- Candidates will have the ability to communicate effectively across international functions and departments, with proven senior stakeholder management experience
- Candidates will preferably be able to demonstrate a structured approach to analysis and reporting, with a focus on process improvement and adding value