We are Ringway Jacobs, a leading highways service provider working with local authorities across the UK. Formed in 2005, specifically to provide road network management solutions to local government, our unique blend of engineering capability, innovation and customer care make us the best in class. We support over 10,000 miles of highways, 8,400 miles of footway, almost 7,000 miles of public rights of way and 242,000 street lights. We excel in delivering safe, sustainable service excellence, through our passion, integrity and collaborative culture.
Ringway Jacobs are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Highway Engineer to assist in the delivery of the Capital Works design programme, on the Central Bedfordshire contract. The individual will coordinate the delivery of highway design projects, monitoring delivery to time and cost whilst mentoring junior members of staff.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience of management of staff including performance management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, expertise in the Highway Act 1980 and current CDM is required.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, managing the design and implementation of highway schemes including statutory processes involved with these activities
- Knowledge and application of budgetary management and control measures
- Knowledge of a wide range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures.
- Dealing with members of the public.
- Demonstrable awareness of environmental aspects and impacts and waste management.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety legislation.
- Desirable - experience in the use of AutoCad.
- Desirable - experience in the Use of key Lines, Key post & Key Sign
- An understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works is desirable.
You would be responsible for:
- Ensure all designs, drawings are delivered in line with the agreed programme and costs.
- Adhere to corporate processes, policies and procedures ensuring consistency throughout the development of designs and drawings.
- To maintain and enhance the reputation of Ringway Jacobs by encouraging and demonstrating our core values of integrity, collaboration, and excellence.
- To promote and value our culture of continual improvement while complying with our Business Management System policies and procedures.