A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a private HNWI family at their beautiful home in north west London. This friendly household are looking to bring on board a personable Security/driver who is able to manage the safety and security of all family members, guests and household staff and who has excellent experience of driving luxury vehicles including the V-Class Mercedes.
Requirements and background are
- Up-to-date and clean drivers licence
- License holder of SIA, close protection
- engineering corps of the army - Royal Marine, communications, Royal Engineers/Royal Signals/Army comms/ mechanical CADRE/vehicle mechanicals a must.
- or Alternatively had a higher ranking in the army so more leadership/management qualities.
- Security Duties
- Provide comprehensive security protection to the Principal, his family, guests at their residence, outside, on social occasions and abroad as and when required.
- In accordance with company procedures provide security advice to produce a sense of safety and secure systems across all activities, home, work and travel.
- Ensure the residence is secure at all times and everything is locked and alarmed at the close of each day, all doors and windows locked and all live out staff have left for the day. Liaise with all relevant staff in relation to the scheduling of security duties.
- To be fully aware of the daily, weekly and monthly schedules of the Principals and the household including travel plans, guests, visitors and events.
- Help ensure current procedures and practices relating to security are in place.
- Compile all security risk assessments.
- Provide technical and tactical advice/support for the Principals and the company in relation to security.
- Take care of the family dogs and work with the relevant staff to help assist with training for all staff.
- Assist with the implementation of all covid-19 policies and procedures.
- Assist with management of the property as and when required.
Essential knowledge and training
- Driving Responsibilities
- Transporting the Principals, their family and any passengers to and from the destination in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner in line with traffic laws, the Company Vehicle Policy and Company Driving Manual, as and when requested to do so.
- Keeping those vehicles that have been driven spotless in appearance and ready to drive without issue always.
- Before any trip, duties include consulting maps or navigation devices for desired routes, checking radios or online traffic and weather reports for locations plus ensuring vehicle is equipped with necessary amenities.
- Keeping up to date with the diaries of the Principals in advance so being aware of travel requirements and keeping updated of any changes by liaising with relevant staff.
- Advise Principals/passengers of existing adverse weather conditions and suggest alternative routes of travel arrangements
- Assisting with complete care of the vehicles - maintaining them to a high standard, scheduling, servicing and ensuring all vehicles carry the correct requirements - tax, MOT, insurance etc.,
- Helping with luggage.
- Keeping a record of car expenses and providing clear records to the office to enable them to do reconciliations.
- Carrying out any necessary risk assessments relating to driving in accordance with company security procedures.
- Using vehicle logbook to ensure vehicle usage activities comply with policies.
- Carrying out all checks on the vehicles in line with company procedure before driving.
- Maintain and clean the garage as per the cleaning manual.
- Running general errands, as and when required.
- Answer all telephone calls and entry phone calls at the gate and informing the Principals of guests/visitors or informing the relevant staff member, Taking parcels/deliveries and signing in for them.
- Training new staff to drive company vehicles.
Desirable knowledge and training
- License holder SIA, close protection
- Clean driver's license
- IT literate / use a smart phone and manage diary entries / calendar.
- Experience of driving luxury brands and maintaining luxury vehicles.
- Experience driving for a private individual.
- Knowledge of driving through Central London and being able to select and adapt routes to avoid traffic as well as being able to make their way through it effectively.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Advanced driving test/certificate
- Proven experience of Security/close protection work..
- First aid qualification - First Person On the Scene (FPOS) Able to use a defibrillator.
- Management/property technical experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Team player
- Flexible, calm approach
- Proactive, self- motivated, able to demonstrate initiative.
- Positive attitude
- Time Management
The above is not an exhaustive list, and the job holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by their changing role. The job holder will do all tasks within their level of skills and abilities.
Live -in working 5/7 with one weekend per month off, so important you have the right home life to fit this schedule. salary £40,000 -£45,000