We are working with a well-known engineering company based in the Sunderland area to add talent to their team on a contract basis for around six months.
Are you an experienced and qualified PLC programmer with experience in Siemens, Ladder Logic, SCADA systems, design of HMI screens, E-Plan?
• To be an operational member of the electrical design team to ensure systems are delivered on time and to specification.
• Electrical concept system design including drafting diagrams and supporting PLC programming.
• Produce P&ID drawings and bill of materials for each design using AutoCAD & EPlan.
• Design Schematics
· Create schematics that show electrical components and panels working together
· Examine existing drawings and double-check them for reliability and manufacturability.
• Write and Document Program
· Draft a diagram of the process, as a PLC programmer and build robust programs
· Use automation software (Siemens and others)
· Programming language (such as Ladder Logic, ST, SFC, Function Block) to write the program.
· Prepare documentation for the program's intended use as well as any safety related instructions.
· Look to standardize programming
· Design and program HMI screens
· Design and program SCADA system
• Test Programs
· Determine test criteria
· Test the new program for reliability and safety with automation equipment.
· You are also responsible for testing programs and equipment developed by third parties.
• Install programs
· Fully integrated with equipment, you will be available to oversee successful installation.
· You will provide guidance and support to technicians during the installation process,
· Train them in safe and efficient operation of the program.
• Technical support
· Provide ongoing technical support to users within the company and outside customers, both verbally and by writing
· Should any problems arise, you will troubleshoot the program and create solutions.
· Be part of the service support team to review technical queries and resolve issues
· Fine-tuning the productivity and dependability of their program is an ongoing project.
• Produce detail drawings and general circuit drawings
• Familiarization with planning tools (E-Plan or equivalent)
• Component specification and verification in accordance with operating environment. .
• Assist with Operation and Maintenance manuals/documentation.
• Assist with technical files and data books including: -
· ATEX/IECEx technical files.
· Customer specific quality documentation.
• Liaise with the Quality department to ensure documentation is completed
• Qualified to HND level, ideally degree qualified
• Five years' experience in a similar role
• Able to travel for work (infrequent)
• Have strong analytical skills
• Able to write code from scratch
• Experience of working with Flow diagrams (visio etc)
• Experience of Siemens automation software and others
• understand construction or production methods and processes
• Must have a strong understanding of the electrical, software engineering principles