About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 420 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.The Role
Due to expansion within our Accounting Service Line, we are now recruiting for two, permanent Accounting Seniors to join our growing Skipton Office. We require individuals who have a strong work-ethic and who are committed to completing Accounting assignments to the highest possible standard.
The main elements of this role will include:
- Completing draft financial statements for a mixture of sole traders, partnerships and companies ready for review by an Accounting Supervisor / Manager.
- Adjusting the draft financial statements and business tax computations after the client meeting in accordance with the meeting notes.
- Ensuring personal tax returns are updated by our tax team after the client meeting.
- Preparing VAT returns, book keeping, and management accounts for clients.
- Managing your own workload and communicating with Accounting Supervisor / Manager to ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Liaising with clients using a variety of methods to facilitate the production of financial statements, business tax computations and obtaining personal tax information.
- Assisting the Accounting Service-line with business development activities as and when required and ensuring our high expectation of customer service is met.
- Successfully completed the AAT, ACA or ACCA qualification (or be qualified by experience, in an Accounting Senior capacity).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Dedication to the job and a positive / driven attitude to providing an exemplary service to our existing and prospective clients.
- A knowledge of using Xero software would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in prioritising your workload and be able to complete work within the budgeted time and to the required deadlines.