Since its foundation in 1966 Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately owned insurance broker with revenues in excess of $1.7bn. Today with more than 7,500 Associates in over 90 offices worldwide, Lockton is a dynamic and innovative organisation that embraces its uncommonly independent status.
We are now seeking an individual who will thrive in this type of atmosphere. Our Global Risk Claims team are now looking to recruit a Marine Cargo Claims Associate to join our dynamic and expanding team. The successful candidate will have solid experience of cargo claims handling and should be looking to make that next step in their career.Role Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing your own allocated portfolio of accounts, and the claims which arise therefrom.
- Your portfolio will consist principally of open market / binder business on a wholesale basis.
- You will be handling claims arising from a broad mix of industries including automobile. physical damage, contractors' equipment, motor truck cargo, primary and excess stock, and stock throughput.
- You will be handling claims from first advice to final settlement, including setting up first advice, processing and managing subsequent movements on Lockton internal claims systems / ECF / Class.
- Your duties will also include providing administrative support to the existing members of the cargo claims team.
- You will be required to meet the agreed Service Standards, volumes and performance levels in line with the Key Performance Indicators and handle claims efficiently in a proactive manner through physical and/or electronic broking, negotiations & management of claims payment process.
- You will be reporting to the Team Leader and support / assist the claims team on large, contentious or complex losses.
- Minimum of 3 years claims experience, preferably within the cargo field.
- An understanding of the standard cargo clauses
- Proficient in using the London market systems e.g. ECF, CLASS
- Working towards ACII qualifications would be an advantage.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent use of standard Microsoft applications.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our associates are our greatest asset .